Back for you

Back to jihyun POV:

I was expecting to meet lilly on the coffee shop, but I guess she set soo hyun and I up. I was startled when I saw him approaching, looking at him makes my heart cringe. But i wasnt emotionally prepared on what he said. I had no idea where was it all coming. Is it just because I called him childish that he suddenly want to leave me alone? Honestly, it made me sick, the ugly thought of him giving up on me. I suddenly got a little scared of things. I know time will help me get through it all. I just have to use the distance to fix things up and weave all the feelings I have for him. I checked my phone and saw missed calls from jun sung. I was about to text lilly for what she did when jun sung opened message caught my attention. I read it and tears began falling from my eyes.

"Ji hyun ssi, ive been calling you since last night. Ill be back in korea in 2 days.
Lets meet, I want to talk about our divorce..my family said you want to pursue it next year because of your carreer but I badly needed it as soon as posible. My girlfriend Kara demanded it from me, I cant let her down. I know, Im being selfish... Im sorry. "
This whole fixed marriage thing of my family had been a misery for you, hope that someday I can make it up to you. Please be happy, you deserve to be. Im still your friend no matter what. Call me when you can, Ill see in two days."

I cried because I knew in my heart that Kim Soo hyun saw this. That explains everything, why he wanted to walk out of my life.

*******

Three months had passed and havent heard anything from him, Lilly said hes on an asian tour for his fans all over asia. He is now an A list korean hearthrob. He deserved it.

I was also busy shooting a lot of endorsement and tv guestings. Because of the success of our drama, we became in demand to projects especially endorsement offers. But because both our agencies are setting high talent fee for us to appear together, we dont have any project together. And our schedules are too hectic to have a chance to work together.

Almost three months ago, jun sung and i met for the divorce papers. Im letting him go, Im letting myself to be free and happy. We decided to stay friends and his family would still be my second family. I should not feel miserable, it all happened for a reason.

Soo hyun kept his words, he stayed away from me. Hes not even communicating with me. I havent seen him for three long months. He must have been really busy on his blooming carreer. I missed him, i sighed. He might have found someone not as complicated as me. I shook my head trying to spill that ugly thought. While he was away, I realized my real feeling for him. I admire how he chose to give me the distance i needed. He really love me i guess.

I held the envelope i received the other day. The gold metallic invitation for the baeksang arts 2014, i havent confirmed if Im going to attend the event. Though, i received a lot of designer gowns proposal for the event. Im a little skeptical about it. One of the pd told me that 'you are my destiny',our drama's official soundtrack would be performed so its better if soo hyun and i will be there. I have no idea if hes coming or not. I bet his schedule is more complicated than mine. He even have overseas commitments. I shrugged, i still have a few days to think about it.

***

Its a beautiful day, i tried my best to give my prettiest smile to everyone. I kinda hate red carpet events, you have to walk a very long aisle and you have to look good in every angle posible,it feels like forever. Cameras are all over the place, you cant sneeze even if you had to. By this time, i guess I got used to these kind of situations, camera flashes doesnt diturb me at all. Its such an honor to be here at this epic event, it like Oscars for the koreans.

Im now seated on the my designated place, sharing this row with great actors and actresses of every generations. The seat on my left was still empty..it was reserved for Kim soo hyun. I felt uneasy by the thought of us meeting after a while. I dont know what to say to him, i guess theres no need for me to say anything. What am I thinking? I should act as natural as posible, why do i feel anxious. I guess it will be another awkward moment, i shoud be used to it by now because we had great numbers of awkward moments ever since we Knew each other, I sighed.

He came in with his beautiful suit and tie, his hair a little different. He looks a little older today because of his classic hairstyle but it suits him very well. Calling him Handsome is an understatement. He sat comfortably on my left and smiled at me. I smiled back at him shyly.
My heart turns vitaly inside of my chest. I can feel my cold hands. I tried to pretend to be at ease. I diverted my full attention to the stage but I can see him through my peripheral vision and its disturbing. I felt relieved when finally the program started. I now have reasons to not talk to him. I was startled when he leaned a little closer to me.
"Ji hyun ssi have you been well?" He asked out of the blue.
I nodded and smiled at him. Im feeling a little ok, the tension now is kinda tolerable.
"You missed me?" He asked in his manly voice. I felt my heart skipped a beat. What if i say Yes? Its the truth, why not? I shook the thought out of my head. The first award was announced and the crowd's applaud was too loud. I took advantage of the moment.
"What? I cant here you" i replied to him. It was childish, i know.
I saw him laughed and i felt relieved.

...Feel free to comment :) and please vote :) thank you for reading.

.