Chapter 4

Chapter Four: The First Battle

{Rin's POV}

The look in his eyes frightened me. They were thirsty for gore but also distracted. Orphia still wasn't moving and a stream of blood slid out of her mouth and into a small pool on the floor.

She is one of the strongest demons. Why wasn't she even trying? This could have been over already!

Her voice still echoed in my head.

Im sorry.

Im sorry.

Im sorry Rin.

Satan kept coming closer until I could feel his breath on my face.

I couldn't move. I couldn't think.

But then i remembered that the old man believed in me....

"Finally my son" he chuckled

"You see, my power is too overwhelming for Assiah"

He broke his fingers and blood dripped to the floor forming a pit of gory bubbling stuff. Eagerly he dragged me into it and began laughing again.

Something snapped in his eyes and he grabbed the necklace he was wearing. Before i knew it he stabbed himself in the chest before collapsing into the muck.

Memories of me as a child rushed into my head making me sick.

I grabbed the sword and propped myself up with it staring at the sheath.

"Wait Rin! If you use that sword. . ."

Pure rage blinded me and i ripped it out of the sheath. Blue flames exploded around me.

I quickly cut at the gate making it materialize into nothing.

When everything finally cleared up father lied dead on the floor covered in blood. The monastery was a wreck. The flooring torn up, But it was over, and I had lost both father and Orphia.