Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen: Reminiscent

{Orphia's POV}

I grudgingly followed Yukio to the shop again.

"You understand we're doing this for your safety right?" he muttered glancing back at me. I rolled my eyes and gripped the hilt of my sword. At least I had an excuse to bring it with me wherever I went. Plus, I wonder if I could pull of skipping class. It's not like I signed up to be an exorcist-in-training. I can just imagine trying to cast a spell and winding up banishing myself instead. That would be a sight to see.

"Orphia!" Yukio yelled as I crashed into his back. "Stop zoning out I'm trying to talk to you." Yukio did the annoying 'push my glasses up to look superior' move. We reached the store and he made me wait outside so I didn't scare Shemi again.

Flashback

Rin was dragging me through the hallways of the huge cram school trying to get us both to class on time. I pulled at the bottom of my skirt feeling that I forced to show too much skin. I caught a glimpse of Rin laughing in front of me.

After an extremely nerve wracking stroll he pushed open a door and the classroom was empty except for a few other students. One of which was a young frail-looking girl with blonde hair. She looked at me with an expression of fear and.... competitiveness?

I observed the girl closely while trying to understand her intentions.

"Orph- I mean Oria" Yukio corrected himself nervously. "M-Meet me outside in a few minutes"

I turned back to see if anyone caught on and noticed the girl's legs trembling slightly. I nodded at Yukio and bid Rin and his friends farewell.

<>

So now as I stand ever-so-patiently at the base of the shop I tried to comprehend why she was so terrified. There was no way she would've pieced who I was together on the spot. So what was it? What caused her to react that way?

"What's wrong?" Yukio questioned concernedly. I shook my head and smiled as we began to walk back to the dorms. I was intimidating somehow huh?

When we arrived back at the run down boys dormitories I passed out on my bed. It was a long day for a lazy bum like myself, but classes began again tomorrow. Meaning I get to see cousin Mephisto's hideous pig snout once more.