Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Girl

{Shiro's POV}

Everyone is on edge in True Cross for some reason. I went into Mephisto's office to ask him about it.

"Welcome my dear friend!" he chuckled walking over to me.

"Hello Mephisto" I sighed.

"What may I have the pleasure of helping you with?" he asked smiling.

"Do you know what is going on around here?" I questioned.

"So you don't know. Well, I should tell you the story from the beginning. Sixteen years ago, on the day of the Blue Night, a demon was born. Daughter or Orphacles and Domestius. They are two of the most powerful demons in Gehenna next to Satan. Their daughter's name is Orphia. She possesses the ability to kill people without much thought or effort. She helped Satan slaughter the people of the Blue Night. We captured her as a toddler, but yesterday she disappeared from her cell. Meaning, there is a homicidal teenage demon on the loose" he stated.

"Do you have any idea of where she could be?" I asked.

"She couldn't have gotten far. But, you must protect Rin from her. She has the power to awaken his flames" Mephisto warned. I nodded and went back to the monastery.

"Welcome back Father Fujimoto" the helpers smiled. I nodded and went off to find a book in my library. I pulled out an old, dusty, black book and flipped through the pages.

"Sir? Why are you reading that book?" One asked.

"I need to research two demons" I muttered landing on the page I was looking for.

"Orphacles? Isn't she the strongest female demon to exist?" another asked.

"No, her daughter was declared stronger" one protested.

"Exactly. Her daughter has escaped, and I need to know what I'm up against" I stated.

"But.... if Orphia escaped..... this could be the end of the world as we know it!" Another panicked.

"Unless we get her on our side" Yukio muttered from the doorway.

"Ah, I didn't even know you were eavesdropping" I smirked.

"I was not! I was simply curious to see what you guys were talking about" he said. I rolled my eyes and pulled out a smaller red book and handed it to my son.

"This is all the information we have on Orphia. Study her. Maybe you can come along and assist me on my mission" I chuckled. He nodded and left the room.

{Yukio's POV}

I walked through the streets with father skimming through the pages of the book on Orphia. She was an interesting demon. She has the ability to de-possess a person at will, kill them without physical contact, and many other cool tricks. If only she wasn't.... you know...... evil.

"Shhhhh. That's her" Father whispered. I peered out from behind the corner of the building. Sitting on the top ledge of a building was a girl with short pink hair and piercing red eyes. She wore a black hoodie and denim jeans.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"First, avoid her seeing us. If she sees us, she can easily kill us" he stated. I gulped at the thought. We ran up the stairs on the inside of the building until we got to the roof. I slowly opened the door and snuck outside. She was only feet away from me.

Im not exactly sure what I am going to do but it'll come to me..... hopefully.

"I know you two are there" she muttered.

"Okay, and I guess you know why we are here" Father sighed.

"Shiro Fujimoto, Paladin of the Vatican Branch of Exorcists. Yukio Okumura, son of Satan and potential Exorcist. I know both of your intentions and I know every move you will take to carry them out. But I am intrigued that you do not share a common goal" she sighed standing up but not facing us.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Shiro, you want to capture me to bring me back to prison. Yukio.... you want to treat my wound" she said turning around. Blood was dripping from her hand that covered a large gash in her side.

"How did you know that he knows medical aid?" Father questioned.

"I know almost everything about almost everyone. The Paladin and Satan's sons most of all. I also know that Rin Okumura possesses Satan's blue flames and you are aware that I know how to awaken them. But let me tell you this.... my partnership with that man is over. Satan is now my enemy so Yukio, I will join the 'good side' if you must call it that" she smiled.

"Good. Now let's get you back to the monastery so I can treat that" I sighed. She nodded and in the blink of an eye the three of us were in the dining room of our home.

"I know teleportation techniques aren't listed in the book" she giggled. Father left to see what happened to Rin at his interview while I finished putting bandages around her waist. She passed out in the process and I put her in my bed so I could leave to bring some things over to the academy.