Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen: Under Attack

{Orphia's POV}

It was a nice morning. At least until Yukio burst through my door and dragged me out of bed and into his room where I met his killer glare as he held Julius above me.

"Why is your familiar in our room?" He inquired. I looked away slightly amused.

"Well you see, I took him for a walk last night and he ate one of Mephisto's cameras. So I put him in your room so that if by some miracle cousin tracks him down I wont be demon food" I beamed innocently. Yukio sighed and drooped the dog on my stomach.

Julius squeezed his way through a small crack in the wall leading to my room.

"Get ready for class" Yukio muttered.

"But moooom I don't wanna go" I whined mockingly. He just tossed the god forsaken dress at me and waited outside his room with Rin.

At least I don't have to wear bows anymore. I pat my head where my horns once were and winced slightly in pain.

<>

Class went by horrifically slow. But we had a lecture on familiars and it was like bringing Julius into show and tell. The little devil received a helluva lot of praise.

I went back to my room without Rin and Yukio. They were doing some sort of punishment thing that I wasn't a part of.  The night sky was calming although something felt off about tonight. Something was wrong.

I climbed into bed and tried to sleep it off until the power shut off. Groaning, I trudged my way up the stairs with Julius as my shadow to yell at the idiots.

Just before I hit the top of the stairs I could smell the famous scent of a ghoul. I slid Arisha out of her sheath and slid up the wall to the hallway. I spotted it standing in front of the room Rin and everyone else was in. I saw the door swing open and then shut immediately.

"Shima?"

The ghoul busted down the door and walked in. I knew that I couldn't run in guns blazing. I mean, I looked extremely strange. My tail protruded from my back and swished around behind me while I held a long sword that just majestically has an eerie glow to it.

Plus, I still haven't really awakened my true powers yet never less use my sword. I wasn't going to start today. I decided to try to find the person behind this. Because there's one thing I know for sure, it's that the ghoul in there is on a very tight leash.