Chapter 9

Chapter Nine: In the Distance

{Orphia's POV}

"I cant believe I have to sleep here" I grumbled to myself. Of course the two dinguses had to reside in the abandoned boys dorms, so naturally, let's house the fugitive demon in the room next door.

"Pipe it down in there" I yelled pounding my fist on the wall. Yukio was lecturing Rin about his lack of effort yet again.

Rolling my eyes I climbed out if bed and looked in the mirror. My eyes were blood red and I had horns and a tail. Yep, totally gunna fit in at a school for exorcists. Unlike Rin I don't look like a maniac only when I'm pissed.

"This seriously sucks"

CRASH

"I SAID SHUT UP ORPHIA" the wall exclaimed. I stormed out of my room and into theirs.

"I didn't do a damn thing so stop whining like a little child" I hissed grabbing my katana which was nicely tied to my waist. Always in reach, always reliable, always a great tranquilizer.

Yukio did that nerdy 'push my glasses up to look cool' move and sighed.

"Gee Yuki. Didn't know you worked as a part-time old geezer" I giggled before he shot me in the leg.

"Ouch" I deadpanned plucking the bullet from the wound.

He put his gun back in the holster and threw a bunch of books and bags of stuff at me.

"Figure out what that noise was and then study. You start class tomorrow"

<>

So I had found the source of the big bang. Downstairs in the back of the building was this adorable ten foot tall hole in the wall.

"Well aren't you just a dandy little thing. Now I have to worry about mosquitos in my room" I growled looking at the source of the hole.

A familiar. Untamed might I add. And just to make it even better, it was a stupid dog.

I took the sash holding my blade to my waist and made a makeshift leash before dragging the mutant up to Yukio's man cave of nightmares and knowledge. The thought of going in there sends shivers down my spine.

"Now what" Rin groaned. I glared at him and picked up the mutt like it was the baby lion in the lion king movie.

"Lady and Demon thingy, I give you Mr. Hole-maker"

Yukio raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "A dog?"

Oh yeah. Laugh all you want baby brother. This dog is going to come and bite you in the ass one day.

"No, my dog. I found him so I am keeping him. I'm gunna need a little hell-raiser anyways" I smiled coddling the beast.

Wait what? I pushed it away from me.

"I think its poisonous" I muttered. Rin burst into laughter at my momentary bipolar reaction.

"Ha-ha laugh it up. Don't come crying to me when you cant find your tail"

And that my dears, is how you get the last laugh.