Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen: Indebted to Satan's Son

{Rin's POV}

I had reached her just in time, or maybe it was just moments too late. The Naberius scampered off to it's master most likely. On the ground Orphia was cringing in pain.

"I thought demons were made outa sturdier stuff" she groaned trying to sit up.

"Rin! Do you not understand rules or do you just have selective hearing?!" Yuikio nagged. I guess he was right. I heard him, but my chest tightened when Orphia proceeded to cough up blood.

"Damn" she cursed under her breath. Yukio lifted her up and we began walking back to the dorm room. If we took her to the infirmary it would just cause chaos and havic that this school has had enough of.

The entire walk there I tried to wrap my head around something. Why did it attack her and not me this time?

"Take her to her room and watch her for a little while. I'm going to talk to the director" Yukio muttered storming off. Orphia seemed drained. I doubted it was from the fall. Normally she would just get back up and lecture the thing.

"Say, Rin? What was it like?.... Living like a normal human?"

That got deep quickly. I looked down at her. Her face was pale and her weight sagged against me for support.

"There wasn't anything normal about it" I sighed laying her down in her bed. She gripped her side in pain before relaxing slightly.

"What's it like in Gehenna?" It was a stupid question, but she grew up there and I was curious.

She was silent for a moment as she stared at the ceiling thinking.

"It's undescribable. You saw the gate. Gehenna is not a vacation spot you want to visit" she smirked. Back to normal I see.

"I guess not" As I stood up I felt her hand wrap around my wrist. It was cold and felt as if the dead had risen and was attenpting to drag me down.

"Promise me one thing Okumura" she whispered. "Kick Satan's ass when you meet him"

I couldn't help but smile. She looked like death, yet that's the promise she decided to make?

Okay Ori. I promise

<>

After a few days she bounced back to her normal self. Although we could sense that she was on edge. Somethig was off. Between happened after she fell and why we haven't seen that Naberius again, tension was high.

Yukio spent most of his time taking his frustration out on me in class or wherever he could. Orphia on the other hand, would crack her sarcastic jokes but kept her distance.

I swear I could catch her with a hint of fear in her eyes. But she's definitely been through hell and back, and I'm not talking metaphorically.

Lunch reared it's gracious face and I sprinted to the dorms to search for food. Trays of onigiri were set out on the counter and I grabbed the first one I could before shovelling it down my throat.

Being watched and studying to be an exorcist is taxing on the body. Or maybe that's just me.

Orphia and Yukio walked in not much later. I was slightly jealous that he got to spend almost every hour of every day at her side.

I couldn't tell if I was becoming pessessive or if my teenage demon hormones were going haywire.

But whatever it was, my heart seemed to skip a beat whenever she passed by.

————————————————————————
A/N

Sorry for the 'dropping off the face of the earth' situation. It wasn't necessarily writers block but more of alot going on.

I'll try to update more chapters. Another sorry for just writing a filler, I haven't seen the anime in a while and forgot what actually happened next ;-; I shall make it up to all of you!!

-Skye