Chapter 37

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Devil's Master

{Orphia's POV}

I can feel him gnawing at my sanity. Scratching the surface trying to chip away the walls I built. His laughtet echoes in my mind a grim reminder of just who I am.

Theres two extremes in the world. The high and mighty God on the positive end, and the ever so popular Devil down under.

But if Satan is the lower extreme, then what does that make me? Worse than a monster? A being that shouldve never existed?

I often wonder.

If a being can surpass the devil then can one overthrow God himself? Would a powerful Paladin of the Vatican be able to kick that old man off his throne?

Humans call them conspiracy theories. Or heresy. They find some reason to believe its impossible.

With each day the wards etched into my body grow weaker. Just what would happen when my true power is unleashed.

The exorcists believe I would start the end of the world. That I would be the factor that Gehenna needs to bleed into Assiah.

But I've grown to love this world.

There's many things I held dear to me during my time here. Rin, Yukio, Julius, Father Fujimoto.

But theres so many signs saying I can't continue on that path. As the symbols fade, my mere aura seems to affect the environment. Nature starts to corrupt and wither away.

I began hiding from the Okumura twins. If they were to see me like this, they'd abandon me too.

All I offered to this world was pain and destruction. I realized that maybe Assiah wasn't built for someone like me. That maybe demons stay in Gehenn for a reason.

"The Devil's Master need'nt be associating themself with humanity. It's a plan doomed to fail."

I continued to darken the symbols with pen, but it would take days to fully draw them all. And ink wouldn't last long either.

I was faced with a decision.

1. Retreat to Gehenna forever.

or

2. Unleash the devil from within me and seal my powers once again.

Time was running out for me and I knew it. But there was only one thing holding me back.

The burden of leaving Rin without telling him.

He would have Yukio. With time he would heal, the wounds would fade away and I would be nothing but a forgotten memory. He has friends who care for him now.

He has a family.

I'm simply not a part of it. I stared at the small gate before me, souls of the damned boiling over and stepped inside.

Gehenna is home for people like me. Rin on the other hand, can live in Assiah happily with his new family.