Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen: The Animal I've Become

{Yukio's POV}

I had to be wrong. Of all things to happen to anyone in the world, it had to be this.

My shoes pounded against the concrete as I ran faster than I ever had in my life.

You incompetent fool. You let her out of sight for one second and look where that brought you.

The sky grew darker by the minute. A dark aura resonated from the center of the park.

"Orphia what the hell are you thinking?" I cursed to myself loading my guns. There was no way I could outfight her if she was out of line. Although she hasn't quite seemed all that strong since we've met her.

Textbooks and omens written on the daughter of the two most powerful demons in Gehenna. Yet here she is in the flesh, why is she holding back yet again?

When I reached the base of a roller coaster my eyes grew wide.

This wasn't mentioned in any of the books I studied on her. I've scanned every inch of the Vatican library for any information I could get.

Shapeshifter.

At the summit of the ride was a glowing figure with nine white and pink tails. Lightning whipped all around it's body like a shield.

Not far from where it was standing was a demon I recognized far too well. Amaimon the Earth King. The demon that ripped Orphia's horns from her head. He ruined her life.

I focused my aim on him but suddenly he was gone.

"I guess teleportation isn't in those books either"

Why now? She was so cocky and arrogant back then. But I know what she's like deep down. Why turn her back now?

<>

{Orphia's POV}

Bloodlust. I craved the sight of the crimson liquid spewing from his pathetic body. I pinned him down against the ground. In the center of the woods, nobody would find us.

"Stupid girl. You've crossed into my domain now" he laughed pushing me off into a tree. I landed on the ground as if he had thrown a feather with all his might.

"You have no idea what you're up against" I smirked.

Amaimon tilted his head to the side.

"A stubborn child with a death wish?" He grinned proud of his statement.

"Arisha guide me" I whispered unsheathing my blade. It glistened before engulfing itself in lightning snapping at anything that moved.

He took a step back startled.

"What happened to the all mighty ram? Deciding to play coy as a fox? Gehenna doesn't work like that, you can't become whatever you want to" he growled lunging towards me. It was a petty move and I grew bored of his shenanigans quite quickly.

"Is this supposed to send me crying back to mum and dad? If so I pity you for the effort" Every blow he made never left a scratch. It was as if he was fighting his own shadow. "You cannot even think of reaching my level. It's far beyond your capacity"

With my final words I walked away disappointed with the waste of effort.

<>

"W-What was that?!"

Time to get mothered to death.

I scratched my head as nine tails playfully swayed behind my rear.

"You see, I'm not even quite sure myself. You think you're in the dark about my abilities, try standing in my shoes. I dont even remember what I was doing back there!" I laughed.

Yukio gave me a look of astonishment and defeat. The other students were still hunting down that pesky little ghost child.

"By the way, It's not over. Whatever I did or said to Amaimon, I'm sure he'll be back"