Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty: Summer Vacation?

{Orphia's POV}

All the students in True Cross Academy were packing for summer break to go back home to their families. I had no such intentions. Seeig my parents was on the bottom of my to-do list.

"Oi Yukki, what are we going that has you so stressed?" He was nervously cleaning his glasses for probably the hundredth time.

"Hello, Assiah to demon child" I groaned waving my arms in front of him like a crazed maniac. Jeez boys are such drama hoarders.

"It's a test" he finally muttered. I sprung up interested. Yukio was nervous for a test? This kid-prodigy GOD DESCENDANT OF A STUDENT?!

I nearly died of laughter but was interrupted when a heat-exhausted Rin barged through the door and collapsed on his bed.

"So what's this test on?" I questioned. I didn't really care, I was too busy using nine tails to propel my chair into spinning as fast as I could go.

"Stop or you'll get sick, or maybe Rin will" Yukio deadpanned. I spun unsure of how to slow down until falling off face-first was my best idea. I held my arms out and leaned forwards to embrace the coolness of the floor but something else caught me instead.

Rin's arm was extended from where he stood and managed to catch my waist as I tumbled.

"T-Thanks" I muttered blushing. He looked away and grunted in response but I could see his face turn a slight shade of pink. My girly thoughts were paused when Yukio grabbed the collar of my shirt and dragged me out of the dorm whilst reading some kind of manual.

"This is animal abuse!" I whined.

"You said it not me" he smirked gesturing to my rear end which resembled some feline-canine hybrid that had nine tails instead of lives. I wonder if it works the same way. If I die do one of my tails fa-

"Oh just stop thinking. You're gunna blow a gasket one of these days" he groaned.

<>

Soon we arrived at a street where most of the kids were leaving but instead a group of cram school students stood with camping gear. Camping? In the city? Or maybe its in those lovely woods.

{Yukio's POV}

When we reached the campsite it felt more or less like babysitting. Both Shura and Orphia were getting along too well. Shura was five minutes in and already drunk, yet sober enough to know her own name at least.

Orphia on the other hand, someone save us.

Everyone ate and poked fun at eachother until it was time for the actual test. I explained that they would be retrieving lanterns and there were only three.

I raised a gun to the air and shot signalling the beginning of the test.

Orphia began giggling and I turned around to see her and Shura surrounded by empty cans.

"Why me?"