Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four: Probation

{Orphia's POV}

I felt a hand on my wrist. It wasn't aggressive like the guard, but more of a kind gesture. When I opened my eyes Yukio game me a wide grin with tears in his eyes. Why are you crying? I deserve this.

"So let me get this straight, Rin's your twin brother so doesn't that make you?" Someone asked.

"I didn't inherit Satan's blue flames" Yukio stated. Oh. That's the topic of today.

"Demons aren't all that scarce" I groaned pulling myself into a sitting position. Everyone watched me with wide eyes. Like they've never seen anything like me before.

"Ori, your tails are showing..." Yukio snickered. I looked behind me startled and laughed nervously.

"S-See?"

"Are you related to Mr. Okumura too?" Bon asked. I scratched my head.

"I'll just explain it. I was a Vatican prisoner and after I escaper his father—the previous paladin, rescued me. I wouldn't say we're siblings, but maybe a close family friend?"

"Why are you here then? Shiro passed away. Wouldn't you take the opportunity to be free?" Shima questioned. My face turned red.

"Well you see..."

"I think that's enough questions for now. You should rest" Yukio interjected. I stared at him baffled.

He continued to talk about restoring the Koma sword and desperately begged for their help. I felt like I couldn't do anything. Mephisto just jaid three words and I was down for the count. So thats what a fully trained demon is like. Scary.

Almost everyone left for Kyoto to meet these Yoshikunis but Konekumaru and the puppet kid.

"So you're against demons... you know as friends" I muttered. He looked up at me and then hid his face embarassed.

"It's fine. If you want someone to fear, its me. Not Rin" I groaned standing up and grabbing Arisha from next to a table.

"Why?" He asked. I smiled sympathetically. This won't lessen your load Rin, but I'll try.

"The Blue Night, Remember the tales of an infant with pink hair and red eyes?" He stared at me and then grabbed his blanket trembling.

This is how it should be. Demons cant have human friends.

<>

I sat in my dorm glaring at Julius.

"Stupid dog ran away and now you expect food? You missed quite the event!" I laughed tossing him a ball of cheese.

Sorry bud. Its all I got.

Starting tomorrow I'm the Vatican's tool tofight against Satan. Supposedly there's training, discipline, rules, discipline, did I mention discipline?

The small dog curled into a ball at the end of my bed and fell asleep. That's the life.

I quietly slipped out of my room and made my way to the roof. The sun was still high in the sky and I got a bad vibe coming from my gut.

He's fine you're imagining things.

I shifted around uncomfortably until I got up in frustration and ran to get Arisha. I don't know how I'm going to get there, but something is going wrong at that trial.