Chapter Five

"Shut the front door

"Shut the front door."

"Well if it makes the situation more comfortable for you-"

Reaching into the trunk of Bobby's car I follow him over to the barn of some abandoned Iowa farm

Reaching into the trunk of Bobby's car I follow him over to the barn of some abandoned Iowa farm. We don't need any more attention drawn to us than usual. If we're summoning this Castiel then in the center of bustling Iowa isn't really the way to go. Leaving Dean to retrieve weapons from Bobby's personal arsenal I shove the door open to the barn. Traipsing inside I gaze around the large empty structure with Bobby. As my grasp tightens around the duffle handle as Bobby suggests "You take the right and I'll take the left?"

Dropping the duffle with a thud, I deviously smirk reaching into the bag to retrieve a black can of spray paint "Bet I can paint more protective warding's then you can."

Scoffing, Bobby crouches to retrieve a white can of spray paint "Please. You're forgetting who taught you them you damn idjit." Taking the silent challenge I race off to the back of the barn. With a shake of the can I raise the paint and begin to spray the first symbol that comes to my mind. That's where it begins. Although the further I get around the barn opposing Bobby the deeper I have to reach into my mind. If I'm going to beat Bobby I know it's going to take me reaching into the far corners of my memory. Over two-thirds of the barn is covered as I move to spray paint within Bobby's white. My hand draws to a steady slow stop until I've painted every protective symbol I can think of.

Backing up I stand beside Bobby admiring our handy work. Admittedly... the color is fairly evenly spread. Black and white protective warding's from ancient lore and cultures across the globe blend and swirls together. It could seem all the same to some Hunters. Then again I'm not most Hunters. I can identify the Biblical symbols in a matter of seconds- Ancient Greek and Latin even quicker. It's as natural as my own language.

"You two..." Glancing over my shoulder I watch Dean sauntering over, duffle flung over his shoulder as he gazes warily around the decorated barn walls "...Look crazy."

Tossing the empty can aside, I snap my fingers in his direction as it echoes with a clang "I'm gonna choose to take that as a compliment."

"Traps and talismans from all over the globe", Bobby walks with me after Dean. As he drops the bag on a wooden table with a clatter, Bobby wonders "How you doin?"