Chapter Fifty Seven

"You know sometimes I forget just how fucking terrifying you can be

"You know sometimes I forget just how fucking terrifying you can be."

"Yeah...I forget too."

"Aloha!" I beam, pouring gasoline over the pyre "What's shakin bacon?"

"You done with that Ghoul a county over?"

Furrowing my brows at Dean's question, I toss the rest of the gas in the fire "Yeah. Just burning the body. Got a girl. Shame, she was real nice too." Perching the phone on my shoulder, I fish out my matches "You boy's doin alright without me?"

"Us, naturally. Bobby... El you gotta come back and talk some sense into him."

Pausing the match before I strike it, I try not to let the worry seep into my voice "What's going on?"

"I could tell you but I'm not a thousand percent sure you'll believe me." Furrowing my brows, Dean beats me to another question "Just get here soon as you can. I need you. He's being an ignorant stubborn old man."

Striking the match, I toss it onto the pyre "Okay. I'll be there before the sun goes down."

"And El?"

"Yeah?"

"Bring your shotgun. Loaded."

{}{}{}

Admittedly traffic banked me up and it took alot longer then a couple hours to reach Sioux Falls. Driving through town it's dark and silent. Cutting through that silence are concerning gunshots from every direction. Pausing at a green light, I shove the door open on Bobby's truck. Stepping out into the street. Acutly aware of the power cut to the town as none of the streetlights are on in the dark of night. Shotgun in hand I scan over the houses around me. Gunshots continue to go off in the distance which only sets me curiosity on edge. I was out of town for three days on a small hunt. What could've possibly happened whilst I was gone?

A scream to my left I watch the town doctor Matthew Randle run terrified from his house. Right through his rose bushes and impeccable lawn. My gaze doesn't widen at the sight of the doctor. No, it widens watching his very dead wife sprinting after him. Andrea dies of an overdose last winter. I know, I attended the funeral. I saw the body and it was very dead. Yet here she is, same corpse we buried, barreling after her very alive husband.