Chapter Fifty Four

"Nope

"Nope. I don't-"

"Six! Six litres of person and it hasn't burst!

Legs kicked up on the chair I anxiously bite my nails

Legs kicked up on the chair I anxiously bite my nails. Lifting my gaze from the journal in my lap I take another glance a the clock. Finally their trip in time has rounded to an entire twenty four hours. Not something that settles the upset in my stomach.

Lingering on the time for only a moment longer I turn my attention back to the journal in my hand. My other freely writing out notes of anything piquing my interest on Guardian Angel's in my bloodline. It's a bizarre feeling. I've read these journals back to front growing up at least a thousand times. Yet reading them now with a new understanding of my history aspects I would have brushed over before are beginning to stick out. Rhetorical metaphors and innuendoes suddenly don't read so clouded.

Not that any of this is at all relevant. Without the Angel Grace stolen from my ancestors I am just human. As human as God wanted to make us. Grinding my teeth I put pencil to paper. My ancestors were made to be warriors who could keep the shadows of the world in line- fierce unyielding warriors. They were beings that held a line... and I am all they have to show for their centuries of bloodshed and sacrifice. The last Guardian Angel who is nothing more then human fighting an uphill battle-snap.

Lifting the pencil my clenched jaw softens upon the broken tip.

"Geez. It's like she didn't even move."

Looking over my souder I beam at the sight of the brothers. Shutting the journal I jump of my the chair. My gaze dragging up and down them. Dirty and bloodied but still in one peice. Not caring if I get it on myself, i wrap my arms around the both of them. "You guys were gone forever" I feel myself begin to breath again as they bear me in a hug "Any later and I was going to begin researching spellwork to drag you back to the twenty first century."

"Well you can thank Michael for it. He's the one who zapped us back." My eyes shooting wide I stumble away. Catching my wirist, Dean is quick to tack on "No-no-no- I didn't say yes. We're very much still pro choice here."