Chapter Seventy Three

"Those Archangel's are pretty intollerable, aren't they?"

"The utter worst."

Apparently

Apparently... Death a foodie.

When Crowley had brought me here I'd thought he was pulling a stupid joke. Generally, that's how these things go with him. Yet upon inspection through the giant stickered up window of a small Italian man the fallen bodies were unmistakable. Like everyone died the moment Death had stepped inside. Yet, there he was. Knife and fork in a frail grasp slicing into his pizza. Dressed to the nines with his aged hair slicked back he seems to contemplate the food he's enjoying as the world out here turns to shit. Pulling my jacket tighter, I ignore Crowley rushing me across the street and enter the eatery.

Stepping through the door I ensure my boots are silent against the checkered tiles. Gracefuly stepping over and around staff and patron's dead bodies. Suddenly the scythe turns scolding and I'm forced to drop the weapon. Cringing as the clang reverberates through teh bones of the pizzaria.

"Thanks for returning that." With a wave of his knife, Death doesn't even turn his attention to me over his shoudler "Join me, Eleanor Alexander. The pizza's delicious." Every muscle in me is stiff appproaching his table for two. Offically weaponless, I can only slide gracefully into the seaat across from him. "Took you long enough to find me. I've been wanting to talk to you."

"I have to admit...I'm somewhat confused." Breath leaving my body as he raised a thin aged brow towards me, I ask "You gonna kill me or wear me?"

Death doesn't even bat an eye "You have an inflated sense of your importance. To a thing like me, a thing like you, well...Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky. This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that's barely out of its diapers." Pausing his cutting, Death tells me utterly unimpressed "I'm old, Eleanor. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you."

"If it isn't rude to enquire" I dare to tap the bravery within "How old are you?"

"As old as God. Maybe older. Neither of us can remember anymore." Shrugging, Death continues to enjoy his meal "Life, death, chicken, egg. Regardless- at the end I'll reap him too."