Chapter Sixty Five

"How have you existed this long Cas and never once heard that joke from a human?"

"Hands are not that funny Eleanor."

"You sure they're there?" I raise my brow at Cas, tapping the map where he's just come back from his recon mission on Adam

"You sure they're there?" I raise my brow at Cas, tapping the map where he's just come back from his recon mission on Adam. An abandoned warehouse just outside of California the angel's have Adam squared away- Zachariah's orders no doubt. The only thing holding me here was Sam's pleading to speak with Dean.

Because apparently bringing gold to a shootdown is going to go over well.

"Positive" Cas nods, tapping the warehouse on the map sprawled over the kitchen counter "Five angels, Adam, Zachariah. They're waiting on Dean."

"He's still endgame?"

"He's always been their endgame" Cas dismisses with a sharp shake of his head, "That's never changed." Stepping away from the map I my gaze falls to Cas's clenched fists still stained with Dean's blood. Whilst he fixed Dean's bludgeoned face he hasn't bothered to wash off the reminder. Raising his clenched fists, he stares at it like he's filthy in sin. "I apologise for what I did" Cas mutters "It was not right."

Pushing myself off the kitchen bench, I run the sink. Hand under the tap I patiently wait for it to run warm "He does have a very punchable face. Doesn't he?" My joke doesn't land. Cas only stares at the blood dried to his fists The weight of the world crushing his shoulders. Snapping my fingers, I break him out of his trance "Come here." Stepping over I take Cas's hands and run them under the water. Lathering them with soap, I scrub the crusted blood "Right and wrong is a very blurred line."

"They are distinctivly different" Cas shakes his head "Two opposites. By definition you are incorrect."

Without chuckling, I ask Cas "And from a moral standpoint? Or an ethical one? Who dictates wrong from right?"

Lifting his gaze out the window to gaze over the yard he contemplate's my words. Dean's dried blood washing down the drain in bloodied suds. "Morality and ethic's" Cas murmurs as I work over his hands "Preconceived notions built onto you by religion, goverment, societal norms."