Chapter Fifty One

"You really do have no idea how special that family of yours truly was

"You really do have no idea how special that family of yours truly was. Do you?"

Gently turning around the dial on the car radio I navigate my way to Bobby's channel I know by heart

Gently turning around the dial on the car radio I navigate my way to Bobby's channel I know by heart. Signal patching in and out I reach for the amp I've inexplicitly connected. Boosting the radio signal. "KC5 Fox Delta Oscar" I take a chance, radio to my lips  "KC5 Fox Delta Oscar." Receiving only patchy static gently readjust the radio in hand seeking a signal. Trying to show show my wearing patiance "KC5 Fox Delta Oscars'. Come in."

"KC5 Fox Delta Oscars, go ahead."

My shoulders sink relieved, "Bobby it's El. We-" Hesitating when Dean pops his head around the corner, I finish "-We've got problems."

"It's okay girl", Bobby calmly voices "Is everybody alright?"

Watching Dean's gaze slide to my leg I silently shake my head indicating for him to not tell Bobby about it. When he inclines his head I adamantly shake mine again. "That's our problem", I quieten my voice to ensure ears don't overhear. Dean understands. Glancing over his shoulder he's shifting closer to me "Bobby it's Jo. She's... it's really bad. She's losing a tremendous amount of blood and we need to move her but we're bunkered down and-" Biting my lip I take a moment to control the tremble in my tone. Dean's fingers slide to interlock with mine I hold them tightly.

"Okay. Copy that", Bobby's voice comes through after a long silent pause "Now Eleanor we figure out what we do next."

"Bobby I don't-" Finger off the button I rest the radio against my quivering lips. We can't move Jo. She's already lost too much blood. Nobody is around with actual medical tools or expertise to help us. We can't get out because we're caged in by hellhounds. We... we can't be moving Jo.

"Eleanor. You have to figure out your next step."

"I'm trying Bobby!"

Immediately Dean grabs the radio and casts a wary glance over his shoulder. No doubt in either of our minds that they heard. When nobody comes around the corner to investigate into my outburst, Dean steadily raises the radio to his lips "Bobby it's Dean. Look we're hunkered down in a hardware store with hellhounds on our front door after Cas went missing at the sight of Reapers."