Chapter Forty One

"Wow-How far does that cosmic stick go up your ass?"

"Ooh- so touchy-"

Throwing open the backseat door my boots hit the pavement before either Dean or Sam can turn off the ignition

Throwing open the backseat door my boots hit the pavement before either Dean or Sam can turn off the ignition. The last 48 hours can suck it. "El!" Sam calls, "Wait!" Blatantly ignoring Sam I approach the black iron gates of the storage facility. Ignoring the yelling Winchesters behind me I twirl the silver dagger in my grasp and crack it hard over the lock, swinging the gate inwards with a whine.

Wandering into the storage lock up I'm suddenly tugged to a halt. Losing my footing for a moment Dean grabs my arm in a steady yet demanding motion, "This sword had Demon's ballsy enough to possess a hunter and you wanna just go rampaging inside?"

"The sooner we get this dumb sword the sooner I can get back to Bobby-"

"Or the sooner you get yourself killed" Dean lowers his gaze to mine, daring me to say another word. Fighting against my better judgment I keep my mouth shut. Grinding my teeth, I glance over Deans shoulder towards the lock up sheds. "I need to know your heads in the game El."

"You're not going to bench me from the game" I roll Dean's hand from my shoulder, stubbornly eying him up "So you mind if we keep this ball rolling or have we not wasted enough time?" Standing there Dean doesn't watch me like I'm his girlfriend. He watches me like I'm a soldier he's taking to fight. Assessing if I'm going to be a weak point. Reserving the bite in my tone to hurry along, I assure Dean "My heads in this. Promise."

Pursing his lips Dean does one more look over before stepping back, "Alright."

Glad to be moving again, I echo "Alright."

Sam catching up we do a brief scan before figuring out the storage locker aisle. Our pace nothing less then rushed as we hastily wander down the aisle. Silently Sam and I  watch either side of the corridor whilst Dean fiddles with the lockup door. Within seconds he's hauling it up to reveal John's lockup. However nothing catches my eye quite like the dead bodies within the Devils Trap. Wandering in I step over one of the three, cautiously surveying the space around them to find the source of their death.