Chapter Forty

"Did we

"Did we... um... have we..."

"No. Not in this reality."

"Bobby give you an ETA?" Dean questions across the room, still staring out the motel window into the street

Turning my head where I lay upside down off the bed, I remind him "He lives in South Dakota. That's his ETA." Dean rigidly turning his stare, I throw out my hands across the rug "Do I look like I can give you a plausible answer?"

"I think the blood is rushing to your head." Narrowing my stare I slide myself back up on the bed to prove I'm fine. Although once the blood begins flowing my head tilts off balance and Dean suddenly grows smug, "It's like I can hear it swooshing from your head."

A knock at the door cuts my remark short.

Both brothers flicking their gaze to me, I quickly mutter sliding off the motel bed "I don't think Bobby drives that fast."

Although opening the door it quickly dawns on me that I'm right. Bobby doesn't drive that fast or furious. Instead, a young blonde girl who can't be more than twenty stands bouncing on the balls of her feet. With her wide-eyed gasps, I can't help but poke my head out to see the halls empty. She's unquestionably alone. "Umm..." I confusingly hum "...I think you have the wrong room."

"Never has a room been more right", she breathes. Her dainty hands grabbing my shoulders, I uncomfortably squirm "You're so small but so wildly strong."

Uneasily laughing, I grasp "Did we... um... have we..." trailing off I leave the question floating in the air. Surly someone touching another this comfortably cannot be something that just happens out of the blue. I mean... you don't rub your hands up and down some stranger's shoulders like she's doing to me just now.

Oblivious to how uncomfortable I seem, she giddily giggles "No. Not in this reality."

Getting the hint, I squirm further into the motel room "Oh good... that's good... um...."

Thankfully I don't have to grasp at any more uncomfortable small talk. Springing into the room her hands go roaming over Sam's chest "My god it's you Sam... you're so firm!"