Chapter Thirty One

"What am I? Your pet puppy?"

"Well if you wanna act like a bitch-"

Laid atop the Impala I stare irritably at the stars

Laid atop the Impala I stare irritably at the stars. The minutes ticking by and my fury not diminishing. That I trust her more than you.  With every replay I grit my teeth so hard I think they're going to break in my jaw. When we get out of this town there is one thing that is pushing to the forefront of my mind. One thing that has been continuing to make me see red. Ruby. It's been years- years of her whispers and they're finally taking their toll on Sam and his relationship with me. He has on rose-colored glasses and it's about time someone breaks them off.

My feet shoved from the Impala's edge, Dean huffs in his stride "Get in."

Barley tilting my head, I absurdly question "Why?"

Slowing his stride, Den reluctantly steps back to tell me pointedly "Archangel's El. Archangel's."

Dean disappearing into the driver's seat I scramble off the bonnet "You going to elaborate!?"

{}{}{}

"So let me check I've got this straight", I have my head rested against my hand on the window, trying to wrap around the newly enlightened information "Castiel tells you that Chuck, our Prophet, is tied to an Archangel that's going to smite any threat to his station?" Pursing his lips speeding through another red light, Dean tightly nods. He's focused. So engrossed in what Castiel's told him that I'm not sure he's thought his plan through. Watching Dean's reaction, I beg "Please tell me you know why going over to kill Chuck is a bad idea?"

"It's the only idea I have Eleanor", Dean irritably snaps back "We kill Chuck and we've got an Archangel to speak to."

"Or he shoots first and asks questions later", I make a point of stressing when Dean shoves the Impala into the park. Dean shoving open the door I'm two steps ahead. Already leaning over to yank it back shut. Smacking Dean's hand away from the latch when he tried for it again, I add "By which point everyone is dead besides their precious Prophet."