Chapter Forty Eight

"I don't need your help

"I don't need your help."

"Could've fooled me. You've been hiding in here a while."

The door's to the conference room salted, we converge in the lobby

The door's to the conference room salted, we converge in the lobby. "Okay. New theory", Dean drops the salt canister with a bang "The legends about Letisha are ass-backward obviously."

"Yeah. Let's say those three other orphans were playing cowboys and Indians", Sam furthers the newly formed theory "Let's say they scalped Letisha's son and killed him."

"Mom caught the three of them in the act", I interject "Flips out. Slices and dices them herself."

Chuckling humourlessly, Sam dreadfully counts off "So we don't have one but three bloodthirsty brats in here and Letisha was the only one keeping them under control."

"Until we took her out."

"Thanks for that El."

Defensively, I narrow my glare on Dean "You burned her bones!"

"Because you dug 'em up!"

"Jesus", Sam hesitantly glances between us "You guys good?"

Dean and I seem to have the same idea. Ignore the question. Shifting his stance, Dean suggests "Well we gotta get back to that cemetery and burn their bones."

"Wow that is a groundbreaking idea", I cynically laugh "That is if we could actually get outside." The look Dean sends me suggests he wants to throw me through that exact door. Brushing it off, I sigh "We need another plan-"

"Or another Letisha", Sam's attention drifts towards the conference doors. "Don't move."

Where am I going to go? Mexico? Dean and I wait in patient silence before Sam comes running discreetly out. Noting the dress in his hands I raise my brow, "Sam I think that's a size too small for you."

Shrugging, my heart skips a beat when he extends it to me "But not for you."

Glaring at Sam long and hard, I question "What did I ever do to you?"