Chapter 13

Yuki approached the Chairman's bathroom to bathe. She was deep in thought, not even noticing the Chairman coming into the hallway. He noticed her standing in front of the bathroom door.

"Zero's in the bathroom, Yuki. Why don't you use the bathroom in the guests' room?" Chairman Cross suggested, rubbing his eyes.

"It's fine. I'll wait for him to finish. I have something to talk about with him anyway." Yuki replied, then headed to the living room.

She flopped on the couch, deep in thought.

{flashback}

"Your blood...I could understand just by tasting it." Zero said.

{end of flashback}

"Zero...there is no way that I want Kaname to drink my blood. No way...absolutely no way..." she thought. "What are vampires? Can they really know someone's feelings just by tasting their blood?" she wondered, dousing off into a deep sleep.

{flashback}

The young Yuki ran around the house, looking for something. She comes to a door then peeks into a dark room with a warm fire place. Zero was dwelling in the dark room, by the fire. But for some reason he kept scratching his neck.

"Zero...what are you doing?" Yuki asked.

"I can still feel it...that woman's touch. It's disgusting." Zero replied, grazing his flesh on his neck until it bled.

"Stop it...that looks painful...stop it...Zero!" Yuki grabbed Zero's hand, holding it against her warm cheek. "By 'that woman' you mean the bad vampire that killed your family? You were hurt too, by something terrible." she gripped his hand tighter then placed her hand over his wound on his neck. "It's gonna be ok...because I'll be holding you like this from now on...it's gonna be ok." Yuki repeated to Zero as tears began to form in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{during dinner}

Yuki, Zero, and Kaien were eating dinner in a silent manner. They all moved into the Cross school building.

"Zero, we actually have a guest." Kaien finally spoke.

"So late at night?" Zero said as the sound of a doorbell rang.

"Yes, Yuki. You go open the door." Kaien instructed as Yuki ran to the door. "Zero, you should see with your own eyes." He added.

"What is it?" Zero asked.

"Lord Kaname!" Yuki smiled brightly as Kaname patted her head and crested her cheek.

Zero gazed at the scene. Yuki guided Kaname to the dining room. Just as Kaname entered the room, Zero had a sudden sensation of...a vampire. Without thinking, Zero slowly took hold of a knife. Yuki noticed something was wrong with Zero as he began walking towards her and Kaname, weapon in hand.

"Zero, no!" Yuki said as she began to confront Zero when suddenly Kaname grabbed her and blocked the knife with his arm even though he was severely punctured in the wrist. "Lord Kaname!" Yuki cried.

"Vampire!" Zero cried.

"Slashing at me so suddenly...that's not very nice." Kaname said.

"Shut up, Vampire! You smell just like 'that woman'!" Zero shouted.

"That woman? So, you must be Zero Kiryu. I heard about you." Kaname presumed as he took the knife in his hand and pulled it out of his wrist. "I'm sorry about your family but I have no intention of getting killed by you." he added as he through the knife away.