Chapter 16

In a room sat a beautiful woman who was wearing a kimono...but with blood stains? Then there, on her lap was Zero (still as a young teenage boy) laying still like a doll.

"My darling Zero, grow up quickly and feed on your hate. You want to kill me, don't you?" said the woman. "I love that hatred in your eyes and that hatred is mine and mine alone." she continued as she crested his cheek. "I am delighted that you and I are now tied by an unbreakable bond." she said with a smile.

Suddenly Zero shot open his eyes as if he was awakening from a horrible dream.

"It's...a game."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{at the Moon Dorms}

Kaname was sitting at his desk in the dorms' library playing chess by himself. It looked like he has something on his mind. The whole room was dead silent that you could hear yourself breathe. That silence was then interrupted by the sound of a creaking door.

"Kaname, Maria Kurenai says that she feels uncomfortable sleeping in the dorm because she's too nervous..." Takuma announced as he entered the room with Maria.

"I'd like to leave the dorm for a bit to keep things peaceful with the Night Class." Maria mentioned. "I heard that there was a building used as a temporary dorm for the Night Class in the beginning. I'd...like to stay there." she added.

"Alright...I'll speak with the Headmaster about it." Kaname replied.

"I'm so happy! Thank you so much!" Maria cried with joy as she skipped off back to her room, Aidou watching her behind the shadows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{during school time}

"The ball?" You asked.

"Yuki, you didn't tell her? Did you forget all about it?" Yuki's friend, Yuri, sighed.

"Um...well I kinda didn't think that (Name) was interested in that sort of stuff...and besides, attending a ball doesn't interest me right now..." Yuki explained with a small grin. "I'm more worried about the upcoming exams. Right, Zero and (Name)?" She added.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot about that!" You said.

"I thought you guys would forget. The class that scores the lowest in the exams must work at the ball." Yuri said, her face turning blue.

"I'm concerned, Miss Yuki Cross. You're always lowering our class average." said the class president in a devious tone.

All of you glanced behind to see your Class President giving Yuki the death glare.

"Class Pres. that's rather mean." Yuri said.

"The ball is a precious official event! Both the Day class and the Night class attend..." he explained. "So if I don't get to dance with Ruka then--" he began as he glanced at you and blushed.

You gave him a confused look, Zero noticed what was going on between you and the Class Pres. and gave him a death glare, causing the Class Pres. to jolt and shook his head. He then placed his focus back on Yuki.

"--I'll hate you forever!" He said as he stormed off.

"Hm, weird guy." you muttered.

Zero flicked your forehead randomly.

"Ow, what was that for?!" You cried from the pain on your forehead.

"Idiot..." Zero rolled his eyes and looked at Yuki.

"Uhh...I've gotta study like my life depends on it." Yuki said as she shivered with fright of being hated for life.

"Why don't you ask your father to get a good tutor for you?" Yuri asked.