Chapter 31

You entered Yuki's room right when artemis changed it's form. Yuki examined her new weapon then sensed your presence.

"Big sister..." you said with a small grin.

Your body felt a little weak from what happened in your first fight. You couldn't believe that your dagger turned itself into a sword.

"(Name)!" Yuki went to your side. "Are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." You replied with a reassuring smile then turned serious. "But we have more important things to worry about." You added.

Yuki blinked then nodded in agreement.

You and Yuki exited your dorm and searched the area.

"We have to find our uncle Rido and fast." You said.

Then you heard an explosion at the Moon Dorm.

"There!" Yuki pointed out as you two raced to the chaos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aido just finished killing two vampires, crushing them to dust in his ice then dashed to a huge hole on the roof.

Glancing down he caught sight of a beautiful man with tri-colored eyes and wavy brown hair, sitting on a coffin.

The man looked at Aido in boredom.

"You're...lord Rido Kuran." Aido spoke, shivering with a hint of fear in the presence of a Pureblood.

"I have no need for more appetizers...but you look good to eat." Rido spoke smoothly. "Come." He instructed.

Aido suddenly felt like his body was moving on its own as he stepped closer to Rido.

"Come here. You cannot defy me. I am your king. You cannot break free from a Pureblood vampire's control." Rido grinned slyly.

Aido's eyes lost their light, turning dull as he stepped off the edge of the roof hole, falling to his death...when you caught him just in time.

"Aido! Snap out of it!" You called to him, snapping him out of his phase.

"You--" he began only to be put down by you.

You stood in front of him, your dagger still in its golden shieth. Yuki stood in front of you, holding her scythe over her shoulder. Both of you stood your ground as Rido made his appearance on the roof. He gave you two a sly grin, causing chills to roll down your spine.

"I've wanted to devour you to make your powers mine. I'm glad you came to me." Rido grinned, holding his hand out to Yuki. "I've been waiting for you. The youngest of this world, full of fresh powers...Pureblood princess of Kuran." He added.

"How do you do. You're my uncle Rido?" Yuki greeted, not moving an inch.

Rido just stared at her.

"You've been watching me from afar as if you want to eat me." Yuki spoke again.

"You're like her..." Rido spoke then suddenly appeared close to Yuki, his boney hands slightly close to her face. "...like Juri." He added, moving his hands closer to Yuki.

Then suddenly you came in between them, slashing your sword across Rido's gut, sending him back in surprise. You pointed your turquoise sword at your uncle, your intense tri-colored eyes staring him down.

"You--" Rido began as he sense your presence.

"Keep your tainted hands off my sister!" You growled.

"Sister?" He repeated then looked deeply in your tri-colored eyes, red and pearl white. "Heh...hehe...ahahahhahahahahahhahahaha!" Rido busted out laughing. "So this explains a lot. You were the presence I was sensing every since that night...when I killed Haruka and Juri." He looked at you evilly.