Chapter 25

{with you}

You stood in front of your bathroom mirror tying your sparkly red and white ribbon into a bow around your neck and your hair in a half up half down hair style, finishing your formal look. You stepped back and twirled around, observing your gown. Your gown was the color of a red rose as the silk shimmered in the light. (imagine the dress red instead of blue.)

{Flashback}

"(Name)." Zero spoke.

"Yeah?" you looked up at Zero and the next thing you know...his lips were touching yours.

You blinked at what was suddenly going on then you jolted and began waving your arms around like a chicken with its head cut off. You pushed Zero away and covered your mouth with the back of your hand.

"Wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-what are you doing?!" You cried blushing like crazy.

Zero's eyes grew wide with shock at what he just done.

"(Name)...I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking. Damn it!" Zero growled to himself, ruffling his silver hair.

You noticed his reaction then went soft.

"You were thinking Yuki weren't you?" You caught his attention as you gave him a soft gaze.

"What?" Zero spoke.

"Something happened between you and Yuki to make you do something like this...am I right?" You gave him a small grin.

"..."

"I knew it. We'll I'm just going to say this now. I'm not Yuki. Don't just give out your feelings to just anyone, you'll only hurt them in the end." You admitted.

"......I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I..." Zero's face looked hurt and filled with sorrow.

"It's ok. I understand." You said, petting his head. "Now then, wipe that sad look off your face. Yuki will break down seeing you like this." You added, pinching Zero's cheeks.

"Hey! Cut it out!" Zero struggling to break free, while you laughed.

{End of flashback}

You sighed as you remembered that.

You then shook your head and slapped your cheeks.

You grabbed your dagger and stared at it.

{Flashback}

"Headmaster I want to have a job as a Vampire Hunter!" You insisted, Kain's eyes grew wide. "I know that I have no way of becoming one but...I want to become stronger! Also, if I was somehow related to Vampire Hunters then maybe I'll remember something if I work as a Vampire Hunter!" You explained, then bowed your head. "Please let me have this chance!" You begged.

"..."

"I don't know..." Kaien spoke, you flinched at his response.

"Please...!" You begged.

"...alright. But only this one time." He gave in, you faced him your eyes sparkling with hope. "There is a party being held for vampires tonight. You and Zero will go and stand as security." Hearing Zero's name made your heart skip a beat, remembering that kiss. "Got it (Name)? This is a serious job to do." Kaien spoke, bringing you back to your senses.

"Uh, yes sir! I will do my best!" You bowed your head then ran to the door. "And...thank you Headmaster..." you thanked Kaien with a warm smile then left the room.

Kaien smiled back.

{End of flashback}

You squeezed the dagger then gazed at the blood red gem on the shieth. You rubbed the gem--