Chapter 9

{flashback}

It was a sunny day, Zero's Teacher laid on the grass, taking a nap when Zero (when he was a small boy) approached him.

"Because of me...your eye...I'm sorry, Teacher...you told me to run, but I came back..." said Zero, wearing a sad expression on his face.

Zero's Teacher opened his eye and sighed.

"Do you want me to regret saving your life? I didn't save you to see this kind of expression." Zero's teacher said, patting Zero's head.

"Teacher, why do vampires hurt people?" Zero asked.

"It's because they are pitiful beings who only follow their instincts. Therefore we must hunt them down. I, and other Vampire Hunters, including the Kiryu family." Zero's teacher explained. "Live only for this. Do you understand, Zero?" Zero's teacher insisted. "Vampires could only be our enemy." Zero's teacher added.

{end of flashback}

"AH!!!" Zero shouts in pain as he grips his right shoulder.

Zero falls into your arms, causing you to worry.

"Zero!" you shout as you hold Zero in your arms.

"Even though it's just a graze, the pain hurts like hell because the bullet is imbued with magic arts." the teacher explained. "Zero, even with your craving for blood, you should retain your awareness, am I right?" the teacher added as he reloaded his shot gun and pointed it towards Zero.

You embraced Zero and offered yourself as a shield. The teacher's eyes grew wide when he saw you.

"You...are you one of that dimwit hermit's daughters?" the teacher asked.

"I may not know the relationship between you and Zero, but, who are you to determine his life or death?" you shouted. "I won't let Zero die!" You say with determination.

Yuki burst into the pool area and saw what was happening. She sprinted towards you and Zero and stood in front of the teacher and shielded you and Zero.

"And you must be the other daughter of that dimwit hermit." said the teacher.

"Look I don't know what's going on but I won't let you hurt them!" Yuki shouted with pride.

"You two will protect Zero even if he degenerates to level E?" the teacher asked.

"(Name)...Yuki...its alright." Zero said in a soft tone of voice as he pulled out of your embrace.

"WHY HAS IT TURNED INTO THIS?! THAT'S WHY I SAID THAT I HATE VAMPIRE HUNTERS!" Chairman Cross shouts, running toward the teacher. "Alright, alright, keep that thing! Moreover, how long do you expect a girl to soak in cold water?!" Chairman Cross demanded as he snatched away the teacher's shot gun.
"Poor kids, here take my hand." said the Chairman as he squatted down and offered his hand to pull you out.

Both you and Zero got out of the pool on your own. You then walked up to the teacher as Yuki went to Zero, aiding his shoulder.

"Just what kind of person are you?" you demanded, drenched with water.

"Hmph, I should be the one asking you that." the teacher said, glaring at you.

"Huh? What do you mean?" you asked surprisingly.

"Nevermind. The names Yagari Touga...Vampire Hunter. I was Zero's Teacher. Isn't that right Zero?" Yagari said.

Zero nodded in reply.

"Yes, it's true." Zero said.

"You two really are the daughters of that dimwit Chairman. You little missy, was almost bitten by Zero. I'm doing this for your own good, so stop blaming me." Yagari proclaimed.