Chapter 4

"YUKI, LOOK OUT!!!" You shouted but was too late as the kid sank his fangs into Yuki's hand, having her scream. You summoned your courage and yanked Yuki's hand out of the boy's grasp and dragged her away in high speed. You come to a stop on top of a building.

"Dead end!" You thought to yourself. You then scanned your surroundings, looking for a way out.

"{gasp}! Watch out!" Yuki grabbed your hand and leaped off the building then continued to run. You glanced behind to see a woman in her late thirties chasing after you like a maniac. "What the heck is that thing?!"You thought to yourself, running a bit faster.

~time skip~

You and Yuki ran up a few flight of stairs inside a clock tower to hide. As you got to the top, you flopped on the ground, catching your breath.

"W-What were those things?!" You asked Yuki but didn't get a response. "Yuki?" You glance over at the brunette and your eyes widen with shock. Yuki was sitting against the wall, knees to her chest and hands clutched together tightly. Her whole body was shaking with fear. Once you laid eyes on the terrified brunette, you felt your heart sink with pity. Then, out of nowhere, you gently patted Yuki's head over and over agian. "It's going to be ok Yuki. We'll get through this, I promise!" You vowed with a smile. Yuki stared at you and nodded as she stood up and pulled what looks to be a long rod out from under her skirt and stood over the entrance of the room, prepared to attack.

You waited a few minutes when suddenly out of nowhere, that phychotic boy leaped into the room, causing you and Yuki to scream. The boy landed on Yuki's rod and began wailing at her and scratched her arm. You charged at the boy and threw him off of Yuki. The boy began laughing hysterically and charged toward you and dug it's fangs in your right shoulder, causing enormous pain. You tried fighting back but it was no use.

"Leave her alone!" Yuki shouted as she swung her rod as the boy, but dodged her attack and landed on a large wheel, causing it to move and created a loud gong sound that hurt you and Yuki's ears. Yuki ran over to you and held your head in her arms to block out the loud bell sound.

The boy continued to laugh hysterically and launched itself towards you and Yuki. You both tightly shut your eyes, prepared to die when suddenly, nothing happened. Yuki squinted open one eye and to her surprise, the boy was trembling with fear. She then noticed a figure standing in the window and stared. You tried to caught a glance of your rescuer when you suddenly blacked out.

"You poor creature, ending up like this." said the voice which sounded like a man. "However, the person you are hunting is very precious to me!"

"K-Kaname, how did you--?!" Yuki asked Kaname.

"Kana...me?" You thought to yourself.

Then all of a sudden, a strong gust of wind began to occur inside the room. You felt Yuki holding you tighter. Then the gust of wind stopped. Yuki loosened her arms around you but still not letting you go.

"K-Kaname, what just...?" Yuki asked Kaname.

"It's over now." Kaname replied softly.

"That boy...was he--"

"Level E."

"Level E, so does that mean he wasn't a vampire?"

"No...he was a vampire as well."

"But he--"

"You're a bad girl coming out here alone...and bringing her with you." Kaname said as her wiped a spot of Yuki's blood off her face.

"I didn't come out here alone...I was looking for Zero but lost him and (f/n)-chan saved me from the vampire even though she ended up hurt in the process..." Yuki moved strans of your (h/c) away from your face.

"Well, Zero isn't here right now. He went back to the dorms. I'll walk you back and take Miss Cross to the Headmaster." Kaname explained as he took you in his arms and held you in a bridal way. You were still passed out from the loss of blood.

~in the nurses office~

You slowly began opening your eyes, still having a blurry sight. You blinked and opened your eyes again to find yourself in the nurses office.

"Yuki, finding this out after all these years must be quite a shock to you. This isn't how I was going to tell you...I'm sorry, Yuki." said the Headmaster.

"Huh? Headmaster? Yuki? What did she find out?" you questioned yourself as you tried sitting up.

"But how?! I never once thought that Zero could possibly be a vampire?!" Yuki shouted. That sentence gave a you shock hearing that when you felt a sudden pain in your right shoulder, causing you to fall out of bed with a loud thud.

"Ow! That hurt!" you grunted, holding your right shoulder and curling up in a ball.

You then see the curtains open to find you making eye contact with the Headmaster, feeling enormous pain. Yuki came out from behind the Headmaster and smiled, well tried to anyway...

"(f/n)-chan!" Yuki sighed in relief.

~Time skip~

You were sitting in your bedroom, under your covers and staring at your hands and gently rested your left hand on top of your injured shoulder. Vampires...Level E...Night Class...Zero a vampire. This information was just too much for you. Even Kaname let you go instead of erasing your memories in exchange for keeping the secret about the Night Class being all vampires and the Level E situation a secret AND keeping Zero's vampire self a secret as well. You began to imagine how Yuki must be taking all of this... You started to feel bad for Yuki when suddenly, your bedroom door creaked open and seeing Yuki poking her head out from behind the door smiling.

"Yuki..." You said, then giving her a sad look.

"Hey, how's your shoulder feeling? I'm sorry this all happened to you." Yuki apoligized to you, looking down and holding her vampire bite on her neck and began to rub it.

"Don't worry about me. You should worry more about Zero. I can't imagine what he must be feeling right now." You replied. "You know...it's alright to cry...you'll feel much better...if you want, I can give my shoulder to cry on--" you were cut off when rested her head on your left shoulder and began to cry. You began patting her back in comfort.

"Thanks (f/n)-chan. I feel a lot better." Yuki smiled and made her way out of your room.

~time skip~

You got up from your bed and walked over to your window and gazed at the moon. For some reason, when you lay your eyes on the moon, you feel like it's washing away all your stress and sorrow. You then glanced down to see Yuki embracing Zero from behind. Zero wasn't wearing his school uniform. Instead he was wearing light blue jeans, a brown shirt with a gray jacket. And he was carrying a duffle bag full of stuff. Was he going somewhere? You didn't know but for some reason you felt the need to protect both Zero and Yuki from danger and sorrow. You hated seeing them that way. So, you have decided to yourself that you will vow to protect both Yuki and Zero from danger and sorrow. You glanced back up at the moon and gently placed your left hand on your right shoulder.

"I promise to protect them." You vowed to yourself.