Chapter 34

You, Yuki, and Kaname were walking in a tunnel, sheltered from the cold winter storm outside. You looked a bit cheerful and excited to be coming back to the place you once called home. You ran ahead with your arms out like you were an airplane. You spun around and giggled.

Yuki smiled at your cheerful behavior. Kaname grinned as well.

"You've been quiet." Kaname spoke up, turning towards Yuki. "I've been making you walk for quite a while in this mountain underpass...tired? He asked.

"It was a lot more tiring sitting in the car on the way here. I'm not as weak as you think." Yuki replied with a grin.

"Whenever he looks at me with those eyes...I feel my heart skip a beat." Yuki's grin fading a bit.

"It's just...I don't know what I should talk about." She adds.

"I realize I'm different from how I was ten years ago...and it makes me feel a little uncomfortable." Yuki admits only to herself.

"This may sound silly but I'm happy just being able to hold hands with you...like this right now." She speaks with honesty as Kaname gave her hand a squeeze as a response.

"To be honest...I really don't know what I'm supposed to say either. I'm already doing everything I can to try to keep you physically here... for now." Kaname said, catching Yuki's attenion. "I know that...half of your heart is still connected to him..." he added.

You were around the corner waiting for your two older siblings when you heard what Kaname just said. Also that Yuki wasn't saying anything...

"Big sister...is she denying that she has feelings for Zero? No that can't be it. But why isn't she saying anything?" You thought to yourself, clutching your hands into fists.

"But you're here right now...and that's enough for me." Kaname commented, his words warming Yuki's and your heart. "Yuki...?" He looked over at her.

"You're being too kind again. It can't be enough. I'm not giving you anything...I'm...I was always so carefree because I didn't remember anything." Yuki spoke, her voice shaking.

"I did tell you...that was exactly what father, mother, and I wanted for you...as well as (Name). We all wanted you two to be happy." Kaname replies.

"Mother...and father did? Even big brother...?" You covered your hand over your mouth to keep quiet as you heard their footsteps coming closer to you.

"I'm troubling him like a child again..." both you and Yuki thought at the same time.

"I know. But from now on...please don't lie to yourself...not in front of me anyway." Yuki looked at the ground her bangs shadowing her eyes.

You didn't want to hear anymore so you skipped ahead to find the door to the house. You slowly approached the door and rested your hand against it.

"I'm home...Mother...Father..." you whispered to yourself.

"Big brother...he's probably telling big sister what he did...what he has done for us both." You thought closing your eyes, remembering back at the academy.

{Flashback}

Kaname set you down on your feet. You stayed silent looking down at the ground when Kaname smiled, patting your head. You looked up and gazed at him with a shocked look.

"(Name) I want you to listen to me..." Kaname spoke, his hand gliding down to your cheek as he brushed your hair back. "I'm going to kill all the members of the Senate." He confessed, you blinked your eyes at him with no reaction. "But I also was the one who took Shizuka's life and powers." He added, still not getting a reaction from you, then gently squeezed your hair that was being brushed through with his fingers. "And I..." he began, when you softly placed your hand over his.