Chapter 28

Yuki hesitated on knocking, you could see the determination in her eyes.

"I've made up my mind to come here...but I can't seem to knock on the door." Yuki thought to herself.

"Big sister..." you thought to yourself as you stared at your older sister who was having a hard time.

[CLICK]

Both you and Yuki could hear the sound of a gun clicking from the other side of the door. You could tell that Zero was pointing his Bloody Rose gun at you and Yuki.

"Coming here to talk...you think it will make any difference?" Zero spoke out, causing you and Yuki to blink with surprise. "Discussing things like transforming humans into vampires...but of course both of you...transformed from a vampire into a human." Hearing Zero's cold words started to make you and Yuki feel guilty. "On the other side of this door, I sense arrogant Purebloods who toys with people." He finished, his voice turning colder.

You couldn't take anymore of this as you clutched your hands into fists. It felt like your heart was breaking again and again.

A warm and gentle touch covered your hand. You looked up to see Yuki holding your hand, still staring hard at the door.

"Yes...Zero. I'm glad...you understand." Yuki began. "The Yuki and (Name) you knew...are gone." She added.

"Because...our vampire selves devoured them both." You finished with an evil grin, Yuki gave your hand a quick squeeze then you ran off with her still in your grasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You both made it outside the dorm with Aido waiting at the bottom of the stairs with shoes in his hands. You ignored him and took off with Yuki.

"Yuki and (Name) Cross, wait up!!" Aido called out, chasing after you. "No, I mean Lady Yuki and Lady (Name)." he corrected himself but you still ignored him, which made Yuki feel uneasy about your weird behavior. "Lady (Name), how long are you going to have your sister run around barefoot?" he shouts, almost out of breath which causes you to halt.

You didn't turn around but slowly let go of Yuki's hand. Yuki stared at your back and sighed quietly. She then picked up her foot and examined it.

"Huh? Dont tell me...that you hurt yourself?" Aido began to freak out as he hurried to Yuki's side.

"Lord Kaname will kill me!" Aido's face turned blue with fear of what might happen if Yuki has gotten herself hurt.

"Never mind that! Just get your shoes on! I mean, please put your shoes on, Lady Yuki." Aido growled under his breath as he placed Yuki's shoes on the ground.

Yuki just stared at Aido while he gave her a confused look.

"I didn't think there'd be a day when you'd call me Lady...just call me Yuki Cross like usual.Its creepy." Yuki commented, a little struck by how Aido, the one who always tortures her, is treating her now.

"Please forgive my former rudeness." Aido looked away, trying so hard to act apologetic. "Just get them on! I mean, please wear them." Aido instructed as he took Yuki's foot and put the shoes on like she was Cinderella and he was Prince Charming.

"...I'm sorry..." you muttered aloud, catching Yuki and Aido's attention. "...I'm so sorry...Big sister..." you added as you began to shed tears.

"(Name) there's no need to cry. My feet aren't cut." Yuki turned to you and waved her hands in front of her.