Chapter 17

You chased after Yuki who was headed to the school for some reason you didn't know why.

"Zero...he's not acting like himself. Zero!" Yuki thought to herself as she remembered how Zero acted when he stood close to her and held her hand gently.

As you kept chasing after Yuki, you started to wonder why Zero was acting strange. You remembered the way he ruffled your hair and pressed his forehead against yours and saying weird things. You then managed to catch up with your sister. You two made eye contact and nodded, agreeing to find Zero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{at the school main hall}

Zero held the back of Maria's neck and pressed his Bloody Rose against her chest.

"Punish me for my crime, Zero. Pull the trigger." Maria instructed.

As Zero was about to pull the trigger, his finger resisted his command. He tried to force his finger to move but couldn't.

"Are you surprised that you can't do it?" Maria asked then gently touched Zero's cheeks.

"Don't...touch me." Zero growled.

"Poor child...I'll tell you the truth." she added with pity. "You can't kill me. I am your master. I gave you life as a vampire. You are my faithful servant. You cannot kill me." she leaned towards Zero's neck and sniffed him.

Zero jerked her off, hitting her in the shoulder brutally.

"You're the first one who hasn't succumbed to me. Good boy, you make me so happy." Maria smiled deviously.

You and Yuki arrived outside the hall when you both heard voices.

"You figured out who I am, Zero. Even though I look so different now. You knew I was the one who took your human life..." Maria said.

"Yes, how can I ever forget...Shizuka Hio. That day, your true face was covered with our blood." Zero said with a snare.

"Maria...is the vampire who pushed Zero into becoming a vampire? Zero...wants revenge." you thought to yourself.

You glanced at Yuki and by the looks on her face, she was probably thinking the same thing--you were cut off when a hand quickly covers your mouth and takes you away into the darkness. Yuki glanced at you but found out that you have disappeared.

"(Name)?!" Where did she go?!" Yuki asked herself in panic.

"This body isn't mine so please treat it gently." Maria (Shizuka) smirked.

Zero sensed a presence from above, the stranger you met a while back, dropped a sword and Maria (Shizuka) caught the weapon and strikes at Zero, having him block with his gun.

Yuki heard the sound of a sword clashing and whipped around.

"Zero--" Yuki was cut off by someone who had their hand covering her mouth and the other wrapped around her waist.

Zero heard Yuki's cry and glanced behind him.

"Don't you dare look away!" Maria (Shizuka) shouts as she slashed at Zero's chest. Blood gushing out from his wound.

Yuki had her eyes barely open when she sees you unconscious in someone's arms.

"Who?" She asked herself.

"I can't bear to lose you. Ever." the voice from Kaname spoke.

"(Name)...I have to help her...(Name)...I feel weak..." Yuki said in her head, then collapsed in Kaname's arms.