Chapter 19

"That woman...will save me?" Zero asked with non belief.

"That's right! If I keep my end of the bargain...Zero, the only way to end this without you turning into a Level E is to drink this woman's blood." Yuki explained. "As I promised, I'll give my blood in return and become a vampire. I'm scared but I'll be fine because...that way...I can save you and (Name)." she admitted, her voice shaking a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{in the ballroom}

Kain arrived at the party looking for someone. He began walking through the crowd of people when he accidentally bumped into someone, which was in fact, Ichijo, dancing as happy as can be with some of the Day class girls along with Shiki and Rima. Ichijo turned around and gave Kain a bright smile like a very excited kid on Christmas Day.

"Oh Kain! Why don't you join us?" Ichijo invited happily.

"Uh...no thank you." Kain replied, sweat dropping.

"Oh? That's a shame." Ichijo sulked, puffing his bottom lip out.

"Isn't it almost time to change places?" One of the Day Class girls spoke out, then most of them got into a fuss.

"Hey,hey. Calm down." Ichijo tried to settle the fight.

"Hey no pushing!" Cried one of the students, then ended up pushing a girl over.

Kain sighed as his sweat dropped, then making his way to find Kaname. Suddenly when he heard all the commotion he glanced over his shoulder to see Ichijo aiding a girl who fell to the floor, holding her in his arms.

"Are you alright? You didn't twist your ankle?" Ichijo asked with his charming smile.

"Ah...I'm fine." she replied blushing.

Kain then had this weird feeling so he pulled Ichijo to the side and began whispering in his ear.

"What are you doing, gathering all these girls? You aren't planning to eat all of them afterwards, are you?" He whispered.

"How rude. I was just being nice." Ichijo reacted, puffing his lips, like a child. "By the way, what is the urgent business?" He asked, his childish behavior suddenly turning to a serious attitude.

"I have something to report to President Kuran." Kain answered.

"I see." Ichijo said. "Kaname left all the matters about that new student to me, but if it doesn't have anything to do with it, it's okay." he waved to Kain as he left do his job. "I hope it's not a big problem." he muttered to himself.

Kain then came across Seiren (Kaname's bodyguard). She looked beautiful in her ballgown.

"Hey Seiren, where's Dorm President Kuran?" Kain asked.

"He's out on the terrace." she replied, then felt concerned on why he asked her that. "...Is something wrong?" She asked.

"No not really." Kain replied, leaving her and heading towards the terrace to soon find that Kaname was not on the terrace.

Kain sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{back to you}

You were still paralyzed on the sofa, watching Yuki protect Shizuka from Zero.

"Get back, Zero!" Yuki warned him, using her Artemis against her own childhood friend.

"Even if the story about drinking her blood is true..." Zero began as he pushed Yuki's rod to the side. "...I can still beat you more than an inch of your life, Shizuka?" Zero said with a growl, as Shizuka gave him a small grin.