Football Game - Clay x Reader

"Hey clay, are you listening?" you ask, snapping your fingers to get his attention. He looks up.
"Yeah, sorry. What?"
"Are you coming to the game with me tonight?" you ask.
"I don't really like football. But for you I will go." He says, grinning.
"You're the sweetest." You give him a quick kiss. "I gotta go to class."

...

You both take a seat, somewhere in the middle of the stand and wait for the game to begin.
"I actually thought you would ditch me." You say.
"Why would you think that? I'm a man of my words." He looks at you and smiles, then puts his arm around your shoulder.
"I know you don't like doing this, and that you're not friends with the football players. So, thank you for coming with me."
"Anything for you Y/N."
You smile and lay your head on his shoulder.

"What are you guys doing here?" Alex says and sits down on the empty seat next to you.
"Watching football, duh." You respond.
"Well I'm here for Jessica but apparently she isn't cheerleading anymore."
"You can watch with us, it's fine." Clay says, looking at me for approval.
"Yeah we don't mind." You agree.
"Guess I'll be third-wheeling then."
The tension-filled silence before the game is awkward as hell. The fact that Alex had dated you and now is together with your ex-bestfriend, makes it awkard to be around them. And now that Jessica and Alex aren't in a good place, makes it even more complicated.

...

"Well that was boring." Alex states. He gets up and puts his jacket back on.
"No offence to you guys. See you on Monday." He says and walks away with a sad look on his face.
"Poor Alex." I say to myself, Clay hears it.
"Do you still care about him?" He asks.
"What? You're the one who asked him to watch the game with us?"
"Right, I'm sorry. Let's not fight about this."
"Yeah, let's not do that. Do you wanna go to my place?"
"Sure."
You walk to the parking lot and see Alex and Jessica talk.

You smile to yourself, feeling glad that they are finally talking it out.