Your Tape Pt.2

Hey. You're still listening? Great.
Are you ready for this one? I hope you are.
This tape is for a girl I was never close with. But you had the power to hurt me.
I saw you in class sometimes or at The Crestmont to watch a movie with your one friend Courtney.
To me, you looked like someone who was minding her own business. Someone who didn't make friends easily but didn't want to have many friends anyway.
Courtney or Clay, they are your only friends, am i right?

So, we barely talked. The one time we did talk, I don't know if you remember, you asked me about Clay.

-Flashback of that moment-

It was on a Monday, you were on your lunch break and you saw Hannah sitting alone.

"Hey, Hannah right?"
She looked up.
"Yeah." She looked confused.
"Hi. I'm y/n, we have a few classes together." You reached out your hand to shake hers.
"Oh, right." Hannah said.
"You're friends with Clay, right?"
"We are yes." She said, again a confused look on her face.
"I see you with him all the time. Just, so you know, dear Hannah, I knew him first."
She stayed silent.
When Clay walked over to you, you pretended like nothing happened.
"I'm so glad we finally met!" You said to Hannah, with a fake smile.
"Hey Clay. Hannah just told me she wants to cover your shift at The Crestmont. So, do you want to go there to watch a movie tonight?"

I didn't even defend myself.
After what happened with Jessica, I was scared that I would lose the argument, maybe even get slapped again.
So I just went with it.

-

You hated yourself so much.
At the time, you were too blind to see how mean you were. Or you didn't care enough.
You hurt a girl's feelings for a boy who didn't love you.

-

But that was not the worst thing you did, right? What could be worse than not allowing me to talk to one of my best friends?
How meaner could you get?

- Flashback -

Clay didn't show up at the movies. He texted you, saying that something came up.
When you arrived at the diner close to The Crestmont, you saw Hannah and Clay having a drink together.
You were mad. Really mad. Hannah saw you but Clay didn't. She saw you running out the diner, crying.

I'm sorry that I didn't do what you told me to, and that I let someone else cover Clay's shift, and mine. And I'm sorry I didn't follow you to comfort you when you ran out crying.
But just so you know, dear y/n, you hurt me first.
And then you did it again.

- Flashback -

You forgot your gym clothes in the school changing room. You went to get them but the sound of Hannah and Zach stopped you from going in.
They were kissing???
You took out your phone and started filming them.
When Zach put his hand under her shirt you stopped filming. The noise of your phone dropping startled them.
Hannah saw you walking out.

That night you saw Courtney and showed her the video. Courtney spread the video online. And you allowed her to.

So, tell me y/n. Was it really worth it? To humiliate me like that?
My reputation was already destroyed. But that video made sure I couldn't even try to fix things.
Are you happy now?