Going Home- Darcy's POV

I just saw my mum again.

I saw her standing there and I froze in disbelief. She was there. She wasn't a hallucination as dad had been, she was there, in the flesh.

She smiled at Harry once more before turning back to me.

"Here," she pulls out a pen and a paper from her purse. She scribbles on it and then gives it to me. On it, there's an address and a phone number.

"In case you want to visit," she winks at me and I smile. She envelopes me in a hug again and I hug her back, happy that I was able to see her again. She wasn't gone anymore. She pulled away, kissed me on the forehead, then walked away, back to the jury members who were starting to file out of the courtroom.

"Why didn't you go with her Darce?" Harry asked me.

"Because I live with you now," I answered him.

"But that's your mum... you haven't seen her in 4 years and you're not going to go with her?" he asks, confused.

"So you want me to leave?" I ask him, teasingly.

"NO! I mean, of course not, why would I want you to leave? I just... you're mum's back, why give up the life you used to have?" he asked confused.

"Because the life I have now is so much better," I say softly.

His green eyes meet mines, just like they did 6 months ago, at a masquerade party, on a chilly night.

His lips pressed against mines, just like they did 6 months ago, on the dance floor, at a masquerade party, on a chilly night.

The only difference with 6 months ago, and now, was the ending.

6 months ago, the clock struck 12:00 and I ran back home, even though all I wanted to do was stay with that perfect stranger.

Today, the clock struck 12:00 noon and I entwined my fingers with his and I walked out of the courtroom, the courthouse, with that perfect stranger.

And that perfect stranger became the most perfect person in my life.

The End

~Epilogue~

My hands shook, my nerves taking control of every fiber of my being as I stood patiently behind the closed doors.

"Would you relax? This is the best day of your life, not the day you die," Amy joked from beside me.

"Were you this nervous?" I asked her, looking to her for her experience and expertise.

"A bit, but believe me, when it's all over, it's totally worth it," she said dreamily, looking at her hand, where a delicate golden ring shone brightly on her finger,

I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself from shaking.

"Just picture it, Darce. Harry's waiting for you just outside these doors. He'll take your hand, and from that moment on, you officially belong to one another and live happily, forever," Amy said dreamily, as if she was a little girl, imagining what it would be like to be a princess with her knight in shining armor.

I pictured Harry's face. His emerald green eyes, his lucious curls, his dimples that appeared every time he smiled... I instantly felt better.

"There we go," Amy smiled.

The Ides of March started playing. I sucked in one more deep breath before the doors opened and I walked into the room.

At first, I was blinded by the sudden burst of light, but my eyes soon adjusted.