Clues- Harry POV

It turns out that those shoes were basically sold in every shoe store in the city. Which means that we had to go visit every store in the city.

"Ok, genius, where do we start?" Niall asks me. He's cranky.

"What's with the attitude?" I ask, jokingly.

"I haven't had breakfast. I'm starving," he whined.

"Well, our first step is the mall. So we'll go to the food court and buy you some food there," I assured him.

We park in the parking lot and watch as a small group of girls walk by. Niall looks by at them.

"Recognize her there?" he asks.

"No, none of them have gray eyes," I say.

"Harry, we forgot something," Niall says suddenly.

"What?" I ask, pulling the key out of the ignition.

"This is a mall," he states.

"Yea so?" I ask, turning to look at him.

"So, this place is crawling with girls," he says , trying to see if I understand.

"Ok?" I press on.

"Most girls are One Direction fans. And we're members of One Direction?" he says, slowly.

"Oh, I see," I say, my eyes opening in realization.

I look around the car for a pair of sunglasses and hats.

I pass Niall a baseball cap and pull a fisherman hat over my curls. I open the glove compartment and find two pairs of sunglasses. I pass him a pair and slip one over my eyes, too. Then we open the door and step into the bright sunlight.

We walk past a group of giggling girls wearing One Direction shirts. Once we see the shirts, Niall and I speed up a bit until we're inside. We walk to the food court first because Niall couldn't take it anymore. Afterwards, we went to every shoe store in the mall. I showed the cashiers the shoe, hoping they'd recognize it. But each one would say no.

"What are we going to do Harry? We've gone to every shoe store in this mall, and every cashier has said no, so what are we going to do?"Niall asks.

"So what? You're just going to give up? I though you actually had feelings for that girl," I snapped at him.

"I do, but Harry, we're going 'round in circles, we have to know when to stop," he says defensively.

"There's one more store left here, all we can do is cross our fingers that it's this one," I say walking in the direction towards the shoe store.

We walk in. It smells slightly musty and they have a radio playing the latest hits. Niall and I smile at each other when we hear Liam start singing 'What Makes You Beautiful'.

We walk up to the person behind the counter.

"Hello," I greet her.

"Good morning sir," she greets me with a friendly smile.

"How can I help you?" she asks.

"I was wondering if you can tell me if anyone has recently bought this shoe?" I say, pulling the silver ballerina flat out of my bag.

"Umm, let me just check our records," she said, turning to the computer.

I waited patiently and Niall walked around the store, looking at all the different shoes up for display on the walls. He stopped and started looking at a pair of white high-tops.

"Ah, just your luck sir, there was a person who purchased these exact shoes just two days ago," she smiled at me cheerfully.

"Is there any way you can tell us who?" Niall asked, walking back to the counter.