Under The Mask- Darcy's POV

Urican had allowed us to go as long as we had finished our chores on time. We had to be back by 1:00. The party was an hour away so we had to leave around 12:00.

Ross had left the bathroom's spotless. He walked the dog and helped Lacey mop up the floors. The house was completely spotless.

I had helped in the kitchen. Every dish sparkled. Every spoon, fork, and knife was shining.

Amera and Cami had given me a tough time today. It was probably because I had been invited to the party.

Ross and Lacey had given me birthday presents.

Lacey bought me a small teddy bear wearing a birthday hat. It held a balloon that said 'Happy Birthday'.

Ross gave me a small, black, rectangular box. I opened it and found a silver necklace. There was a heart at the end and in the middle, it said, 'Best'.

He held up the end of his silver chain. There was a heart at the end of his, too. In the middle, it said 'Friends'.

"Lacey has the 'Forever' charm," he smiles.

"Thanks, Ross, I love it," I smile wide.

"Oh, Ross! Can you come here for a quick little second?" Amera shouts.

"Did I tell you that I loved the present?" I tried to cheer him up.

"You know that's going to be the only happy thought in my head while this is happening," he says pointing upstairs.

"And the party," I remind him.

"Yea and that, too," he says before disappearing upstairs.

-----------------------------------------------

Amera was in an even better mood later on today. When she overheard Lacey asking if I liked my birthday present, she actually wished me a Happy Birthday.

But it's because of Ross's face that I knew what had made her so happy.

I don't know if it was just me, but Ross seemed to have been taken hostage for a longer period of time this time.

And again, I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed something sparking between Ross and Lacey. He seemed to glow every time she was around.

Not that I would blame him, Lacey was really pretty. She had brown hair and blue eyes, like Ross. her cheeks were always rosy. When she smiled, she showed off perfect, ultra-white teeth. She had the smile of a super model.

Me, I have brown hair and gray eyes. My smile is pretty, but not as pretty as Lacey's. I guess you could say I was pretty. But I wasn't drop dead gorgeous either.

Amy, she was pretty, too. She had dirty blonde hair and bluish-greenish eyes. She had to use braces when she was younger and she takes it very seriously.

Well, again, Ross was upset and Amera was acting nice.

It was nice to have her treat me well, but it wasn't satisfying seeing Ross so upset either.

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know. My imagination must be going all out of wack. I was heading downstairs when I heard voices coming from our room.

It was Amera and Cami.

"Ha, she's wearing this rag? She probably looks more of a maid in it," Amera laughs cruelly.

"Oh and look at Lacey's dress. Ha! We'll steal all their attention. We'll look way better than both of them," Cami snorts.

"Ross is going. He's probably going to look so cute in his costume. His eyes will be all over me tonight," Amera laughs.

"What about the One Direction boys?" Cami asks.

"I'll steal their attention, too. Well, I won't steal it, I mean seriously, do the maids actually expect to get their attention wearing this?" Amera says, cruelly.

"You know, big sister, you have a point," and they both start laughing like evil scientists.

And I run up the stairs quietly, before they even know that I was there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even the twitches conversation couldn't bring me down tonight. They had already left. Urican gave us the permission to go and we packed our costumes and things into our bags and set off.

Now let me let you into something. The dresses the stepsisters had seen were the ones we had finshed washing. They're so stupid, they didn't even realize they were looking at their own dresses. We had set them to dry on our beds because the dryer was full.

Idiots.

We went to Amy's to get ready for the party.

Little did I know, that I was getting ready for an important chapter in my life.