Another Party- Darcy's POV

Over the next few days, Ross got quieter and quieter. It was mainly because Amera got more and more 'romantic'.

But also as he got quieter, he seemed to get happier afterwards.

I would walk past him as he returned to the room after cleaning all 4 bathrooms and he seems to be in the worst mood possible. But once he walks into the kitchen to help me clean up in there, he'd have the biggest smile on his face.

I couldn't explain it. It was just so confusing.

But after the fourth day, I decided to get to the bottom of it.

I'd try to follow Ross when I wasn't doing chores. But he walks pretty fast and the house is pretty big, so I'd lose him. It was as if he didn't want anyone to find out what he's up to. And he was doing a really good job doing it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ross was passing the front door. He hopped over the wet spots on the floor and walked towards the basement. I picked up the dishrag that Urican made me use to clean the floors and shoved it into the bucket of soapy water. I pull it out again and wring it, making the excess water fall back into the bucket.

I place it on the floor and rub it around, getting any dry spots on the floor.

I keep rubbing as the doorbell rings.

"I got it!" I yell.

I throw the dishrag into the bucket and get up. I dust myself up and fix my hair before I open the door.

A cute boy was standing in front of me. He had clear greenish bluish eyes. He wore a striped shirt and suspenders. His hair was golden in the sun and was swaying in the wind.

"Hi there," he greets me with a smile.

"Hey," I smile back at him.

"My name's Louis and my girlfriend's having a party, but she doesn't really know anyone from around these parts yet, so I thought, why not just go around and hand out invitations to random people?" he smiled. 

I laughed.

"So how many teens live in this beautiful household?" he asks, opening his messenger bag and brandishing a large amount of envelopes.

Should I invite Amera and Cami? No. They would never find out. They barely go down to our room anyway...

"When is it?" I ask.

"This saturday," he smiles.

I look behind me and then turn to him.

"Four letters please," I tell him. No way I wasn't inviting Amy.

He passes me four envelopes.

"Thanks so much," I smile at him.

"No problem darling, bye now," he waves before walking down the porch steps.

I run to our room. And that's when I find out what's making Ross so happy.

Lacey and Ross are snuggled together. Not to mention there was no space what-so-ever between their faces.

"Ahem," I clear my throat.

They look up surprised and then blush.

"Thanks for telling me, " I say sourly.

"Sorry, it's just we can't risk letting Amera know," Lacey says.

"I'm not Amera, well here, we got a party this Saturday," I say throwing the letters at them. I walk to my mattress and lift it up, placing my invitation carefully under it.