Planning the Party- Harry's POV

"Where's all the sandwiches?!" We heard Liam shout from the kitchen.

I look over at Zayn, who's holding a tray of sandwiches that he had found in the fridge. He made an effort to hide them in the couch before Liam walked in.

I chuckled.

"Quick, Zayn, pass me one before the fridge's warden comes," Niall jokes, walking into the living room and stealing a sandwich from the tray that Zayn was still trying to hide.

"Niall! Who gave you permission to eat those sandwiches?" Liam walks into the room. He doesn't see Zayn trying to hide the tray because Niall's standing in the way. I just watch it all happen.

"Oh yea, just blame the Irish bloke. Just because I eat all the time doesn't mean that I ate the sandwiches," Niall complains.

"You're eating one right now," Liam crosses his arms.

"How do you know I didn't take this sandwich from the real culprit?" Niall asked dramatically.

"Fine then, who's the real culprit?" Liam asked patiently.

"A true friend doesn't sell out his friends. And I love my friends," Niall says defensively.

Liam raises an eyebrow and looks at Niall.

"It was Zayn," Niall says, taking another bite of the sandwich and stepping aside to sit next to me. I look at him as he takes another bite and I laugh.

"Nice performance," I compliment him.

"Thank you very much," he smiles as he takes yet another bite.

"Zayn. those sandwiches are for the party tomorrow!" Liam starts scolding Zayn.

"Well, then why don't you put something else in front of the sandwiches so that I'm not tempted to eat them?" Zayn shrugs.

Liam snatches away the tray with the leftover sandwiches.

He comes back in and hands Zayn the phone.

"Make yourself useful and go call Pauly D about the DJ-ing tomorrow," Liam directs him.

He turns to me and Niall. Niall stuffs the last bit of sandwich into his mouth and smiles happily.

"You know Liam, you're real good at making these. They're delicious!" he smiles as he swallows.

"Thanks, Nialler. Now do you guys have your costumes for tomorrow?" he asks us.

"It's a party. Not Halloween," I say. Niall snickers.

"You've got your masks? Suits?" Liam checks off.

"yes... Yes... yes Liam," Niall answers while looking at the ceiling.

I laugh.

"Whatever, you two just go.. go help Louis with the drinks, huh?" he asks, heading to the kitchen to make more sandwiches.

"Why don't we do all of this tomorrow before the party starts?" I complain.

"So we don't have to worry about this tomorrow," Liam replies from the kitchen.

We go outside. Zayn is on the far side of the backyard, the phone up to his ear.

Louis is struggling to open a package of water bottles. We walk over to him.

"Need help, boo?" I ask him.

"No," he answers as he struggles to tear open the plastic.

Niall grabs another side of the package and opens it easily.

"My hands are wet from all the ice," Louis says, defensively.

We laugh and start helping Louis place the water bottles and the sodas in the cooler.

"Thanks boys," Lou thanks us.

"No problem," we tell him.

Zayn walks over to us. He looks at us before turning and walking into the kitchen.

"He's not coming, he's got a DJ job for another celebrity's party," Zayn said disappointed.

"Well, then, Zayn, you and I are going to go and buy some DJ equipment for you. You're going to be the DJ," Liam says, piling the last sandwich onto the tray and shoving the tray into the fridge.

"And you three, start setting up the decor and all of those sandwiches better be there when we get back," Liam looks pointedly at Niall.

"Why do you look at me?" he asks, defensively. And Liam turns and walks out after Zayn.

"Hey did you invite that fan? Her name's-" Louis snaps his fingers, trying to remember the name.

"Amy," Niall supplies the name for him.

"Yea, her! She's so nice!" Louis smiles.

"Well come on, we've got a house to decorate!" I exclaim.

"Yay!" Niall and Louis cheer.

-------------------------------------------------

After we were done, I had to admit that we had done pretty good. The house was covered in green, silver, and gold decorations.

We installed some lights. We had disco lights and strobes.

We actually did pretty good.

I looked over at Louis and Niall. Louis had taped Niall's mouth shut and Niall had taken revenge by duct taping Louis's mouth. Niall laughed, his laugh muffled by the tape. Louis slapped him gently.

"Come on, boys, stop messing around," I laugh.

Niall just comes up to me and presses duct tape to my mouth.

"Haha, very phbunny," I say, my voice muffled by the tape.

Niall laughs and I laugh, too.

----------------------------------------------

"Good job, boys, good. Now everything is nice and ready for tomorrow," Liam congratulated us after he had finished helping Zayn set up his new DJ equipment.

"Niall and Zayn, this message is for the two of you," Liam turns to them.

"Yes?" they ask simultaneously.

"The food in the fridge is for the party tomorrow, so no midnight snacks," although he's talking to the both of them, he looks even more pointedly at Niall.

"Blame the hungry one," I hear Niall mutter.

And then we all head off to bed.

"Goodnight Hazza," Louis says cheerfully, turning off the bedside lamp.

"Goodnight Boo," I smile before I turn off my own lamp. I stare up at the ceiling before falling asleep.

I had no idea that something very special was going to happen in a few hours.