Waiting-Harry's POV

"HARRY! It's time to wake up!: Louis jumps up and down on my bed. I grumble into my pillow.

"What time is it?" I mumble.

"10:00 am," he replies happily.

"Why are you waking me up so early?" I mutter, still speaking into my pillow.

"It's 10:00, not 6:00," Louis complains.

"Whatever, it's early for me," I mutter.

"Come on Harry, are you still upset about-" Louis starts.

"Don't say her name," I say, looking up from my pillow, saying each word slowly.

"Come on Harry, I know you love her, but it's been 5 months. I think you should just move on for the time being," he says seriously.

"Lou, you don't understand. I really like her. Darcy is more than just a girl to me, I see no one but her... it's so confusing. I don't know..." I trail off, not sure how to word my feelings. Louis looks at me, a goofy grin on his face.

"What?" I question him.

"Harry's in love," he says in a sing song voice, poking me in the ribs.

"Stop it Lou!" I laugh.

"Come on, get up! Liam and Niall got breakfast on the table," he says, jumping off my bed and walking out of the room.

I get out of bed and walk to my bathroom. I brush my teeth and don't bother combing my hair. I throw on a pair of pants- sorry I sleep commando- and walk out into the living room.

Zayn is watching TV. I hear the sizzling of food on a stove and the clanking of plates and silverware coming from the kitchen.

"Morning everyone!" I shout out.

Different voices of "Morning!" come back to me.

I find Louis in the kitchen, watching Niall prepare some eggs on the stove. I guess Louis' making sure Niall doesn't start eating the food right off the stove.

"Hey, Nialler, how was the date yesterday?" I ask him.

"Absolutely wonderful," he breathes out, turning his attention off the stove for a moment and looking at me. He instantly looks back at the pan but in those brief seconds I saw the dreamy look in his crystal blue eyes. Niall had been seeing Amy for the last 5 months. Yea, but just 'seeing'. He hasn't asked  her the question: Would you be my girlfriend? Sometime I think I would never ask Darcy that question, but I never gave up hope.

He turns to me.

"Oh sorry," he apologizes.

"Don't worry about it. So did Amy say anything about..." I trail off.

Niall looks at me.

"Hey Liam, can you take care of here? I need to talk to Harry," he tells Liam. He grabs my wrist and yanks me out the back door. We walk through the garden until we're out of earshot of the boys. Funny. Only 5 months ago, I had brought Darcy to this very spot and gave her our last kiss.

"Amy said something about Darcy last night," he said, facing me.

"What did she say?" I ask him eagerly.

"Don't get excited. It wasn't good news," he says disappointedly.

I feel my shoulders droop.

"Amy was able to see Darcy the day before yesterday. They were able to talk a bit. She said Darcy didn't look good..." he trailed off.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She didn't go into details. She just said she wasn't in good condition..." his face scrunched up in confusion. I could tell he was trying to figure it out, too, but he was having trouble.

"Anything else?" I asked, eager for better news.

"Well, now that the bad news has been given, there has to be good news right?" Niall smiles.

I beam.

"Darcy is given 2 hours of free time every Friday, from what Amy was told. Darcy agreed to go to Amy's, but she was staying there. So I thought, you and I could, well, you know, visit her," he smiled at me.

"Niall! You're an amazing friend, you know that?" I say, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and ruffling his hair with the other.

"Ok, ok, I know," he laughs, shaking my hand off. We walk back to the house and join the other boys for breakfast at the table.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I park the car in the driveway. Niall looks over at me and then at the house in front of us. I look towards the house, too. There are dim lights coming from the window, from the TV probably.

"Ok, let's go," Niall says, opening the door and stepping out. I felt really nervous all of a sudden. It had been 5 whole months since I saw her and now I was going to see her again.

We walked up to the door and Niall rung the doorbell. We heard the ring and some footsteps on the other side of the door. The door opens and we see Amy, smiling at us.

"Hiya Harry! Hey Niall," she gives me a mega-watt smile but smiles bashfully at Niall. Niall smiles wide before walking into the house. I follow after him. This was the first time I've ever been in Amy's home. I was pleased to find that it was nice and clean. It was empty besides Amy. It was quiet besides the sounds coming from the television in the next room.

Niall greeted Amy with a peck on the cheek. She blushed and Niall smiled. As Amy turned her attention to something else, I nudged him. He smiled and pushed my hand away. I chuckled.

"Well, come on make yourselves comfortable," Amy says, gesturing towards the next room. I walked into a nice clean living room. The TV was playing softly. There was a small lamp that was turned on in the corner. It set light on a small amount of the room, but everything else was swallowed in shadows. I sat in one of the couches. Niall sits himself down next to Amy and wraps an arm around her.

I sit there awkwardly. Would it be considered rude to ask where Darcy was?

"Umm," I utter awkwardly. Amy turns to look at me.

"Yea?" she asks, smiling kindly.

"How have things been?" I ask instead.

"Pretty good, you know life's been great," she says, glancing in Niall's direction. I smirk.

"Glad to see you guys are so happy together," I say cheerfully.

"Yea," Niall smiles.

"So Niall, why haven't you asked that very important question yet?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at Niall. His red cheeks suddenly turned slightly red.

"What question?" Amy asks, looking at Niall.

"Nothing you have to worry about for long," he covers. When Amy turns he gives me a quick glare.

"Trying to keep it a surprise?" I mouth. He nods. I hold up my hands in surrender.

I look around the room. The sky outside was getting dark. Where was Darcy? When does she get her 2 hours of freedom? Was she really coming? Was I really going to see her again? Was she already here?

Does she remember me? I get lost in my thoughts as I stare out the window. Suddenly I see a small flicker of movement on the dark side of the room. I look towards it, but it was still too dark for me to see anything. I hear Niall take in a sharp breath. I look over at him, there's shock on his face. He looks sad and sympathetic. I see he's looking in the same direction I had looked at. Amy looks at the carpet, sort of ashamed, and sympathetic, too.

Finally some light shines on that side of the room and I see what they were reacting to.

The girl that was standing there was not the girl that I had met 5 months ago.