Darcy's POV

Harry and Niall drive onto the driveway. I watch as the headlights turn off and the car doors open. I smile as Ross and Lacey get out of the car. They seemed fine, except for the bruises that matched mines. I returned Liam's phone to him before dashing out of the house and down the driveway. I carefully gave each of them a hug, making sure I didn't harm them.

When I pulled away from them, I got a better look at Ross's face. Shallow scratches were clear on his face and the area around his right eye was purple.

"What happened to you?" I ask, trying to keep anger and suspicion out of my voice. But I knew I wasn't doing a good job.

"Nothing happened Darce," Ross sighed.

"Ross, you tell me right now," I demanded. Lacey shied away. She made her way up to the door and the boys welcomed her.

"It doesn't matter Darce, we're never going back, so what does it matter?" Ross shrugged.

"I want to know, Ross," I tried one more time.

He looks at me before letting out a sigh, as if giving up.

"After you left, Amera came in for our daily make-out fest and I just..." he trailed off.

"What?" I ask, urging him to keep going. He smiled and shook his head.

"I got fed up. I love Lacey, not Amera and I was tired of being someone's make-out doll. Why do I have to get punished for her ugliness? That's what I told her. 'It's not my fault you're so ugly no one wants to date you.' So she..." he trails of again and he chuckles.

I look over his shoulder at Niall and Harry who were leaning against the car, listening with keen interest. Along with interest, there was another emotion that I didn't know. It looked deadly, scary, angry. Maybe that was what it was.

"Go on, Ross," I said softly.

"She scratched me, here," he says, running his hand over the scratches. He did it softly but he still winced.

"And, then she got her dog's leash, the one that hangs on the peg near the door at the top of the stairs?" he says.

"Yea, I know that one," I said.

"She wrapped it around my neck and nearly strangled me with it," he raised his neck, revealing red marks that I hadn't noticed. I felt my hands quivering.

"And then she got the metal end and swung it at my face, hitting me in the eye," he finished. He turns to look at the house. I felt anger rush through me. I quickly glanced at the boys. They were still listening, but they were staring at the ground.

"She went after Lacey, too, but luckily, Lacey had been walking past the door upstairs and I warned her in the nick of the time," Ross sighs bitterly.

He turns to look at me again.

"You know, if they ever find you, you're in big trouble, right? For running away?" he asks me.

I nod.

"But who says they'll ever find me?" I smiled. He smiled back. He wrapped me in a gentle hug before walking towards the house again.

"You know what they say about eavesdroppers, they never hear what they want to hear," I smile at Niall and Harry.

"We weren't listening in to your conversation. We were looking for Harry's silver ring," Niall said, immediately lowering himself to all fours.

"Now where'd it go?" he asked himself, looking under the car. I laughed and Harry let out a small chuckle.

"Well, Hazza, I think it's gone forever," Niall says dramatically while he's getting up.