Surprises- Darcy's POV

Well, tonight was full of surprises.

A little too many surprises.

First surprise of the evening, Amy's parents actually allowed us to stay out as long as we wanted to. The reason it was a surprise was that Amy's parents were the over protective type. Sometimes I'd sit and wonder whether or not my parents would have raised me the same way. Amy's parents weren't even allowing Amy her first phone until Christmas this year. So it definitely struck me as weird when they said that they would be allowing us to stay out as long as we wanted. I asked Amy about it while we were in the taxi.

"I told them straight out, I'm 17. I'm not a little girl anymore, so they should loosen up on the whole warden stuff," she admitted honestly.

Second surprise of the evening. Seeing Ross and Lacey at the party. Ok, you might be asking, why is this such a surprise? Well, because of our fight.

We gathered around to see what was going on. Everyone had formed a circle around something, and curious, Amy and I went to check it out.

"Is that-? That's Louis Tomlinson!" Amy exclaimed in my ear.

"And he is..." I pressed on, not knowing who he was.

"Another member of One Direction," she explained. I looked closer at Louis. That name rung a bell...

"Hey, that's the boy that came to my house to give me the invites to this party," I said, finally recognizing him.

When he was dragged away-"Is that Liam Payne and Eleanor Calder?!" Amy shrieked- everyone went back to enjoying the party. They all dispersed in fits of laughter. I looked across the room and saw two boys. One was laughing so hard he was stamping his feet and the other was laughing just as hard. They looked familiar...

I looked away, hoping they hadn't caught me staring. I didn't want to freak anyone out. But when I turned, I regretted it.

My heart clenched and I felt my stomach twist and twirl.

"Darcy," Ross said in monotone.

"Ross," I said in the same manner, except my voice broke a bit at the end. Lacey stood there, looking uncomfortable. I wouldn't blame her. The tension that surrounded Ross and I was thick enough to weigh anyone down.

"What are you doing here?" I ask nonchalantly, trying to make conversation.

"Weren't we invited?" he replied harshly. I felt myself pout.

"You don't have to answer like that," I said softly.

"Sorry," he said, although he didn't seem to be sorry at all.

"Ross, don't be so mean," I heard Lacey mutter, high enough for us to hear.

"Why aren't you saying it to her? You're just like Roxy," he spat, turning to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Why want the unwanted?" he sneered.

"Ok, now you're just being a male version of Amera," I stated, getting angry.

Anger showed on both of our faces. Now the tension was so thick that it was like we were in our own little bubble.

"Guys, this is a party, it's a time to have fun, not a time to fight," Amy said, suddenly at my shoulder. She gently tugged on my arm pulling me away.

"Come on, Ross," Lacey said softly, pulling him in the other direction. We glared at each other until we were both out of sight of the other.

So yea, definitely a surprise. Definitely awkward.