Promised love

W.Lucas
Promised love
Word count: 1021

Lucas' POV

Being in love with someone is so beautiful! Sharing what you feel with someone so special to you, going on cute little dates. And then we have me, a lonely dude.

I always thought that by now I'd have someone to love. But I guess I was wrong. This makes me think, will I ever fall in love? I know there must be someone that will like me the same way I like them. "Lucas, can I ask you something?" Y/n asks. "Sure anything, what's up?" She seems a bit hesitant about it. "Is there someone you like? And what do you look for in love?"

I didn't expect this from y/n, she always asks crazy things but this I've never heard from her. "I don't think I like someone that way right now. But I want someone who I can laugh and joke with, someone who's my girlfriend yet also my best friend. But of course in a relationship you should have times where you talk seriously with each other about what your plans are and to know what the other wants"

"That's very, detailed. But it's good that you know what you want." Y/n said. "Why did you actually ask?" I'm curious of course. "Uh well. Maybe it's better I don't answer that, you'll think I'm strange." She laughs. "I already think that so tell me." She sighs. "It's just. I don't have anyone and I don't think I will any time soon. I was just thinking if we both don't find anyone would you care to date me? Only when we're older, right now we're still free and young. Never mind it's stupid I know."

"If we're both old and still single, I'd love to be with you. You're my best friend, I'd do anything for you!" She looks up in surprise. "Are you for real? I didn't thought you'd agree to it." I smile at y/n. "Just believe it, let's make it a pinky promise!" We lock our pinkies together. "When we're older and still have no one, we'll be dating."

2 years later (time flies okay)

"Lucas." Y/n ran into my arms with the biggest pout. "I broke up with my boyfriend." I hug her back. "Why? What happened?" I asked curious. "We both decided it's better this way because we're growing apart. We don't see a future together." It's sad, I saw how they always had fun together, they really were a nice couple. "It's okay if you want to cry."

"I promised myself not to. I don't break promises." She says like I didn't know that already. Whatever she promises she'll do it! That reminds me of our pinky promise from a couple years ago. But she just broke up, it's too soon. But I honestly want to do this. I like y/n, this promise can get us together. I don't know how to tell her in another way.

"You remember our pinky promise? Does it still count?" I asked her. "The one that we'd date each other? Of course it still counts. But we're still so young. Don't you think so?" I hum in response. But I just want to date her already. How can I be always so confident and now so shy?

Half year later

"I heard you broke up with your girlfriend. Why?" Y/n asks. "Because I don't like her. I thought I did but I don't. I don't want to fake my love for her, that would only hurt both of us." I explain. "But if you didn't like her then why'd you start dating her?" Y/n asks. "I don't know."

"There must be a reason. Come on just tell me already. I want to know what's going on inside here." She points at my head. "Inside here. Nothing much, but here is where it's all happening." I place my hand over my heart. "Okay then tell me what's going on there." She's always so curious and I'm okay with that, but now I don't want to tell her.

"Lucas just tell me. I always tell you everything!" She pokes my sides. "Okay fine, I like you instead that's why I broke up with her!" This was not how I planned on telling y/n, not at all. "I'm sorry, I have to go." I get up and walk away.

Y/N's POV

"Lucas, can we talk?" I ask after I knocked on his bedroom door. "Who let you in?" He asks. "Kun opened the front door. Now can we talk?" I asked again. "About what? I don't really feel like talking though." He was laying in his bed wrapped in his blanket. "Since when are you such a soft insecure guy? Where's the big confident bear that I know?"

"Big confident bear is not here, he ran away like a little kid." I roll my eyes playfully. "Anyway, we can't act like nothing happened. You confessed to me!" He looks away from me. "Thanks for bringing that disaster up." He sighs. "Disaster because you just walked away right after. You didn't let me talk about how I think about it. You haven't talked to me since then."

"But what's to talk about it? I made it awkward between us." I shook my head. "That's what you think. Lucas if you stayed a little longer you should've known about my thoughts, my feelings. I like you too." He looks back at me, straight in the eyes. "Are you for real?" I nod. "Why didn't you say that?" I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Because you didn't gave me a chance. You just walked away. But now you know." He gets out from under the blanket and starts hugging me. "Never just run away before knowing what the other person thinks about it." I tell him. "I won't, I promise!" He smiles. "So what are we now?" He asks. "What do you want?" I question him. "I'd like to be boyfriend and girlfriend, do you want it?" I nod, both of us smiling like little kids.

~
A/N: am I the only one hating fire alarms? Like it woke me up at 2:30am and there wasn't even a fire... I had to go to school that morning- it literally ruined my day, luckily nct out here with their music to at least make me smile again 💚🌱

 I had to go to school that morning- it literally ruined my day, luckily nct out here with their music to at least make me smile again 💚🌱