Ocean

L.Taeyong
Ocean
Word count: 1130
Mermaid au

Taeyong's POV

"Taeyong! Come into the water it's nice here!" Haechan yells but I keep watching from the side on the dry sand. "I'm fine, you can enjoy." I yell back before going back to sit in the shadow, it's too hot. "You really ain't going in?" Johnny asks. "Nope, I'm fine. Maybe I'll go for a walk later on." He nods before running in the water as well. They all deserve this day off and it's great seeing them have fun. I relaxed for a while with some music, it's very calming. Until some of the guys came to me. "Big wet hug!" Jungwoo, Haechan and Yuta were hugging me. "Why? Now's my shirt wet." They just laugh at me.

"I'm going for a walk, anyone who wants to come with me?" I asked but all their heads shook no. "Fine, I'll go on my own." I start walking near the water and followed. Where will I end up? It's always a surprise. There was a little hill and I climbed up, the view was wonderful! The sound of the ocean very relaxing and the wind blowing through my hair. This is some happy place to be. Or so I thought, a deafening sound ruins the silence. What is this noise?

I look around and there are 2 men trying to drag a girl into a van. I never knew a human being could make this loud noise but I had to help her. I run down the hill and to the girl. "Let go of her!" I yell. "Why'd we? This is a monster! Whatever it is, it's going to the aquarium!" Only now I saw her tail, she's a mermaid! I couldn't believe my eyes. "No! Let her go! She doesn't belong in an aquarium! She deserves to be in the ocean!" I tried getting the men away from her but they pushed me aside.

They got her inside a small tank in the back of the van. They closed the door and drove away. "I need to help her." I tell myself. Everyone deserves to live normal, even mermaids. I ran back to the guys, as quickly as possible. "Taeyong? Why are you running?" Taeil asks. "We need to help her! 2 men took her, they're bringing the girl to an aquarium!" They all laughed. "What are you saying? Who'd bring a girl to an aquarium?" I glare at them. "She's a mermaid, I'm serious! Just believe me." They only laugh more. "I think you've been too long in the sun." Mark said laughing. "Fine, I'll go on my own!"

I arrived at the aquarium. I got my income ticket and quickly went to the aquariums to see different sea animals. From the smallest fish to the most dangerous sharks. Where can the girl be? There's no other aquarium in this city, she must be here somewhere! I walked around and found an era where they're still working on. Maybe she's in one of these tanks? There was only a sign with 'get out' on. It was easy to pass it, no one saw me. Everything was dark and all tanks were empty.

I walked to the next one and saw it all happening. She brutally got thrown into the water. Of course she was furious. She was swimming around in the tank, very quickly. Until she saw me. She stops and holds her hand against the glass. "I'm here to help you. I'll get you back into the ocean. I just need to find out how." I was talking, hoping she'd hear me through the glass. She points up, that's the only way to get her out. But how do I get there? I try finding a way through different doors. Hiding whenever I think to hear someone.

Finally I get there at her tank. She comes up and smiles. "Let's get you back to your home. Can you stay out of water for a while?" She starts talking but it sounds like a high pitched scream, like earlier. It's clearly that I can't communicate with her. "I'm sorry, I don't understand you." Before I know she pulls me into the water. It was scary. I thought she was nice, does she want me to die? She creates a big bubble around my mouth and nose, I could breathe now. "I can only be 15 minutes above water. Get me back to the van the tank must be still there. Then you can drive me back to the ocean." I finally could hear her.

"Okay, you know where that van is? We can't get caught." I tell her. "I'll point the way out. Thank you for helping me." She says. "I just want you to live happily and safe, back at your home. Now let me get out of the water then I'll get you out." It was surprisingly going well. Maybe a little too good. She points to go left and I do. I just needed to pass an office before I could get to the exit. "I'm sorry if we get caught. Let's do this quickly." When I passed the office and reached the door they noticed me. I tried my best getting her in the back of the van and drive away but that was harder than expected.

They were following us. Of course, I didn't expect anything else. At a sudden moment they drive against the back of the van. "This is not going to end well." I knew the ocean was right next to this road but we were on some hill. It's too dangerous. Before I know they bumped once again against the van. This time way harder. We're crashing, we'll end up in the ocean. Good for the girl but this might be my last few minutes. I tried opening the door as the van was slowly sinking. The water pushing against the door making it impossible for me to open.

Soon a I feel someone taking my hand and pulling me out. I still can't breathe or open my eyes. "Open your eyes, you're safe now." I see the mermaid in front of me again, she created another bubble like before. "Thanks for saving my life." I thanked her. "No, thank you..." she paused, not knowing my name. "Taeyong. I'm Taeyong." She smiles hearing my name. "Thank you Taeyong. I'm y/n by the way." She takes my hand and swims to the surface. "I have to go. My friends must be worried about me. Take care. I hope to see you again soon."

"Taeyong! Wake up!" Doyoung whines. "What? What's going on?" I asked. "We're going to get food, you've been sleeping the whole day." It was all just a dream.

~
A/N: I tried something. I personally like this better than my previous '00 line reaction... btw pls give your opinions on this au like I wanna know if it's good or not, so maybe I can try this more often or something 💚🌱

 btw pls give your opinions on this au like I wanna know if it's good or not, so maybe I can try this more often or something 💚🌱