Asking her out

M.Taeil
Asking her out
Word count: 1054

Taeil's POV

"Like what you see?" Yuta suddenly said bringing me out of my thoughts. "What?" I asked. "You've been staring outside for the past 20 minutes, there must be something you like outside." I looked back at the place from before but the girl is gone. "It's nothing. Really." Yuta eventually left me again. Now I wanna know where the girl went. Ever since day 1 she caught my attention. This sounds weird probably. Anyway, there's this café at the corner of the street and from where I am sitting, I can just look at the place. The girl has been taking orders and served the people on the few tables that are outside.

"What are we looking at?" Haechan asks. "Why does everyone keep asking that?" I ignored his question. "Because the past few days you don't do anything else." He has a point. "Is it the girl in the apartment building over there? She's creepy, I won't be staring at her if I was you." Johnny comments. "What? Have you been staring at people from that apartment building?" Me and Haechan looking confused at Johnny. "Me? No. Don't tell anyone." I playfully rolled my eyes. "But who is it?" He asks. "Who says I'm looking at a person?"

"Would be even stranger if you were looking at that tree or that old stop sign." He points out. "I'm looking at that café at the corner okay. Happy now?" They both smile happy to know. "Is it the new girl that works there? She's really nice, you should go there and talk with her!" How could they know so fast? "Oh so it is her!" Are they reading my mind? I really can't with them. "No, I'm not going there." I turn around to go to my room. "Why not?" Haechan asks. "Because." I just said before closing the door behind me.

Y/N's POV

The tall male walked in again. He comes everyday at least once. "What can I get you today?" I asked him. "Latte and a date, for my friend." I was surprised when he said that. "I'm sorry?" He chuckles. "I'm sorry. My friend, Taeil, he likes you but doesn't dare to come and ask you out. I feel sorry for him so here I am." He smiles proudly. "I'm sorry but I'm working, no time for dating." I said. "I didn't say now, maybe tomorrow after your shift? Please he's very kind and funny, he's a total gentleman. Just a little shy."

"This is not some sort of joke is it?" I asked when preparing his coffee. "No, I'm serious. Wouldn't it be fun to go on a blind date." His tone very playful. "No, I hate it. Bring him here and let him get the courage to ask me out." I said. "I'll try my best, can't promise anything." I gave him his coffe. "Neither can I. Now take your coffee and I'll see you later with your friend." He smiles as he walks out. Oh this is going to be fun.

Taeil's POV

"Taeil!" I hear Johnny call when he walks in. "What did you do?" I asked. "You have to come with me." I furrow. "To where?" I asked once again. "Get coffee with me, please." I looked at the cup in his hand. "Then what is that?" He smiles innocently. "Almost empty. But please just come." He begs. "Fine." I get up and follow him outside. "Why do you need me when you just went on your own?" He starts laughing awkwardly. "Funny story, you're going to love it!" This already concerns me. "I tried asking her out for you, but she wants you to do it. So I said I'll bring you here."

"I can't do that. I barely know her." I said. "That's why you're getting to know her now, so you can ask her out after and get to know each other even better!" I shook my head as I followed him inside the café. "You're back!" She smiles. "Yup, and here's Taeil." She smiles at me and I awkwardly returned it. "I have a break in about 5 minutes, just go sit somewhere and I'll be right there." We go sit down at a table. "I don't know what to say to her." I tell Johnny. "Ask her about her name, what she likes, these basic stuff. Then she'll ask about yours too."

"I have my break now. So Taeil, I heard you like me." Her smile was pretty. "Uh." I look at Johnny for help. "Well he doesn't know you well so he doesn't know yet." Both of us looking at Johnny. "Can you leave us alone?" He nods and sits 2 tables away. "So, y/n. Wow that's a pretty name." I saw her name tag. "What do you do after work or on a day off?" I asked trying to sound normal, even with the nervousness. "I try visiting family or meet up with friends a lot, but I also like to just stay inside listen some music and just relax." She smiles at the thoughts of it.

Y/N's POV

When Johnny first came to me with the question if I'd date his friend, I would've said no. But now I met him and got to know him a little more, I might rethink about that question. We found out that we have some things in common, making it easy to talk. "Y/n, I'm sorry to interrupt but your break is over." My coworker told me. "Oh already? Okay then. Taeil, it was nice meeting you." He shyly smiles. "It was also nice meeting you." I was getting up to start my next shift again. "Maybe I'll see you another time?" I asked him. "Of course." He waves and left with Johnny.

He's so sweet and nice. "Hi, What can I get you? Oh Taeil." I looked up and saw him standing in front of me again. "Johnny said, I should ask for your number. So can I maybe get it?" I nod but didn't gave it to him. I first started making a drink. I took a cup and wrote my number on it. I filled it with the beverage and gave it to him. "Enjoy."

~
A/N: in every imagine, Johnny appears... oops, guess I'm whipped for the tall Chicago boy hehe. But who isn't tho  💚🌱

 But who isn't tho  💚🌱