Neighbours pt.2

X.Dejun
Neighbours pt.2
Word count: 1017

Xiaojun's POV

"It's so nice to play around with an animal again." Y/n smiles. "Your mom told us you used to have one as well. Can I ask what happened?" Her smile fades. "Our cat never came back so we hung out flyers in our neighbourhood. A few days later someone called, it was the vet. Someone found her dead and brought her there." I wanted to hug but didn't know if she'd be comfortable enough for that. "I'm sorry to hear that."

Someone knocked on the door continuously. I went to open and saw y/n's mom in panic. "Xiaojun, have you seen y/n? She not at home and doesn't pick up. I'm so scared something might have happened." I calmed her. "She's here, she's with me. Don't worry, y/n is totally fine." She was totally surprised. "She's here? How did you get her this far?" I smile. "I've been texting with her for a little while and asked her if she wanted to come over."

"Mom. Why are you here? Did something happen?" Y/n asks. "She thought something happened with you. You didn't tell them you were going out?" She shook her head. "Dinner is ready, are you coming home to eat?" Y/n and I say goodbye before she leaves. "Was that y/n? Who walked out of your room?" Ten asks in confusion. "Yes, something wrong with that?"

"No, it's just like she never comes out of her house." I sigh. "Not anymore. Because of me she'll finally get out and enjoy what every girl her age should enjoy." Ten stops me before I go to my room again. "Do you like her, I mean like-like her." I just ignored the question. "I just got to know her. That you even ask this."

Y/N's POV

"Xiaojun huh. Do you like him?" Mom asks. "I just got to know him. You know I'm not good with people. I'll probably ruin it soon anyway." She shook her head. "Don't say that. He really tries getting to know you, he's a nice guy. If you just be yourself, he'll except you for being you." I smile at my mom's words and start eating.

We've been texting for a while and he still keeps contact with me. I feel like we know each other for years. But I never thought about anything else but being friends with him. What am I even thinking about, we just got to know each other. I can't go too fast. Neither can I go too slow.

After diner I go back to my room and take my phone. I text Xiaojun but he doesn't answer. I looked at his window, his curtains were closed. Did I do something wrong that made him hate me? Don't overthink y/n, just don't. He's just busy probably. I played some music and sang along with the lyrics. Enjoying every little bit of it.

Once my phone rang I picked up. "You're a great singer." Was the first thing I hear. I looked at my window, it was open just like Xiaojun's. I remain silent. "I'm sorry I didn't respond by the way." I remembered the text I send him earlier. "Why didn't you respond?" I asked. "Uh, chores." He turned around so I couldn't see his face anymore. "I wanted to ask you if we, maybe could get coffee together tomorrow."

I smile hearing this. "Sure. What time?" I asked. "What about noon, then we can also get something to eat." I just know he's smiling. "Sounds great!" He turns back around, he waves at me. "I have to go now, I'll see you tomorrow." I wave back before we ended the call. "Mom!" I call out, she walks into my room. "I'm not sure but I think you can say I have a date." She cheers for me.

I was ready, I just needed my handbag and my shoes. "Y/n, Xiaojun is here." My dad tells me. I got up and ran to the front door. "You're sure you want to call this a date, right?" Xiaojun asks after we still texted yesterday that both of us wanted it. "Yes, this is a date. I'm sure, are you?" He nods. "Can we hold hands?" I asked. "Y-Yeah of course." I blushed once he took my hand in mine.

We arrived at the cafe and sat down at a table. "You look nervous, are you okay?" He asked concerned. "It's just my first ever date with someone. I don't know how I have to be." He gives me a reassuring smile. "Just be your self like always. The y/n I know." I nod and get more comfortable.

"It tastes so good, I think we need to come here more often." I was away from the delicious chocolate cake. "So you'd like to do this more often?" I realised what I said after Xiaojun mentioned it. "Sure. It might sound strange and people may think we're going too fast but I feel comfortable around you and you're an amazing person. Why won't I like to redo this?" His smile got big and bright.

"I'm happy that you think the same. I honestly was scared that your parents won't approve because you just moved here and we just got to know each other." I chuckle. "My parents definitely approve. They're more than happy, I finally get out of the house and know someone I can trust." I tell him.

We were heading back home still talking about random topics we both like. "Before you get home, want to come and see the cat again?" I nod. "I'd be crazy to say no." We walked into the house. Once we walked in all the eyes turned to us. "Uh. Yes. So, me and y/n had a date." Xiaojun explains. "You haven't told them?" Kun shook his head. "No he didn't. But it's nice seeing you 2 together." Xiaojun's grip on my hand tightens. "I can't wish for anyone better." He smiles at me.

~
A/N: I made part 2 haha. I don't know if there's anything else I could make a part 2 of but I'm also planning to do a bxb imagine💚🌱