Someone I like

L.Mark
someone I like
Word count: 1147

Mark's POV

"Mark, I don't dare to." Y/n says scared. "I promise it'll be fun, it's not scary at all." I took her hand in mine. "Together?" She thinks about it and nods. Together we go down the slide. "See that wasn't scary!" I told her as she was smiling. "Y/n, we have to go now." We both look at her mom, y/n hugs me tight. "Goodbye Mark." I was confused why she'd say goodbye. She always says see you later.

"Mom can we go to the park? And can you ask y/n to come too? It's been a few days." I asked my mom. "Uh, Mark honey sit down for a second. Didn't y/n tell you?" I look at her confused. "Tell me what?" I asked. "Well, y/n and her parents moved away to another city." I didn't want to believe it. "This can't be true, tell me you're joking!" Mom sighs and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but you'll make new friends when school starts again."

8th grade

"I don't want to go to school." I whined. "You have to Mark, just go already. You don't want to be late on your first day." I take my bag and get out of the car. I walk into the school to see my friends. "Hey Mark!" They all looked happy. "What's wrong?" I shook my head. "It's just boring. I don't want to be here at school." I looked around at everyone, new students trying to find their classrooms and others happy to see each other again. "Anyway, I heard there's gonna be a new girl in our class. Aren't you excited?"

I walk into the classroom to see mostly familiar faces. But there was someone new. My friends forced me to sit next to her as they sat in front of me. "Are you new?" I tried to start a conversation. "Yes, my name's y/n." She smiles, I look up at her. "Y/n? Y/l/n y/n?" She nods. "It's me Mark! We were childhood friends!" How could I not recognise her? But I'm so happy to see her again! "Are you for real? First day and you already get the new girl." My friends joked. "Shut up, she's an old friend of mine. I'm not like that."

"You really have to go? Where to?" Y/n asks. "I'm going to Korea, I'm sorry. I will miss you and I'll never forget you!" I promise. "I am back for something like a year and now you're going. I don't want you to go, can't you stay here?" I shook my head sadly. I wish I could tell her why, but it's better like this. "I promise to visit when I have the time. Goodbye y/n."

Couple years later

"It almost looks like you're writing about someone." Taeyong says. "I kinda am." I quietly said. "Oh really? Who?" He asked. "Someone I like, and miss. She's from Canada and I haven't seen her in so long." It hurts thinking back about the moment I had to leave her. I never had the chance to tell her I liked her. "I'm sorry for you. Who knows, maybe one day you'll meet her again."

"Who's coming with me?" Johnny asks. "Where are you going to?" I asked. "Some restaurant to eat dinner. You coming?" I nod and take my jacket. "Taeyong told me about the song you've been writing. Who's the girl?" I playfully rolled my eyes. "Her name's y/n, I know her since preschool. She's one of my best friends but I like her. I just never told her that." I explained. "Aw, but maybe next time we're on tour and we go to Canada, you can go visit her. Then you'll finally have the chance to tell her." I shook my head.

"I'm not telling her." I shook my head. "Why not?" Johnny asks. "First of all, I haven't seen her in years. Secondly: she probably doesn't feel the same." I said. "Don't think like that. Just tell her! You still have her phone number? Try calling her." I keep shaking my head. "That's not happening!"

Me and Jungwoo are going to some café. It's our day off and we didn't really plane anything. We arrived and sit down at some table. "Have you called her yet?" Jungwoo asks. "So is everyone gonna talk with me about her and then tell the others about it?" Jungwoo laughs. "Yes we do, now answer my question." He said. "I already told Johnny, it's not going to happen." I tell him. "At least show me a picture of her. I want to know how she looks like." He whines like a baby. "No, and she probably changed. I mean all the pictures I have are from a few years ago, puberty can change people." I cringed at my own words, I can't imagine her changing too much.

"This café looks nice, I'm glad we can rest after that long walk." The voice sounds familiar. I looked around to see a girl around my age with a boy. Is that y/n? No, why'd she be in Korea. But what if that's her? Who's the boy she's with? "Mark? Are you listening to what I said?" Jungwoo waves his hand in front of me. "What? Sorry what did you say?" He sighs. "You're very focussed on that girl. Already forgot about y/n?" I shook my head no. "I think that might be her." I said.

"Really? Then go to her!" Jungwoo said excited. "No, she's with a guy. Who is he anyway?" I looked their way again. When we had eye contact I looked away. "She's coming this way. You never said she's this pretty." I shush Jungwoo before she could hear him. "Mark?" I looked at her nervously. "It is you! Omg I'm so happy to see you again!" She smiles widely. "Y/n, what are you doing here?" I asked. "You told me you were moving to Korea, so I said to myself that I'll visit one day."

"Tell her now." Jungwoo said. Y/n looks confused at the both of us. "Who's the guy with you?" I asked. "That's my cousin." Jungwoo smiles at me. "Yes okay uh, can we maybe talk about something. I needed to tell you something." She nods, Jungwoo left the 2 of us alone and goes to another table. "I never really had the chance to tell you this but uh I like you." I finally told her after all these years. "Are you for real? You don't know for how long I liked you too!" Y/n said happy. "I'm here for another 10 days, maybe we can do something together?" She asks. "Of course! I'll text you about it." She smiles.

~
A/N: I just want to say thanks to the person who's been voting on my previous chapters, you know who you are and really thanks! 💚🌱

~A/N: I just want to say thanks to the person who's been voting on my previous chapters, you know who you are and really thanks! 💚🌱