Someone pt.1

N.Jaemin
someone pt.1
Word count: 1068

Jaemin's POV

"Can you please get a room so I don't have to witness this?" I asked Jeno and Renjun. "You're in my room, get out if you don't want to witness it." Renjun says. I sigh and walk out. "No Jaemin, we're sorry. You wanted to hang out and we're completely ignoring you." Jeno apologies for the both of them. "No it's fine. Love is a great thing and I shouldn't stop you 2 because I have no one." Renjun shook his head. "Don't say that. I'm sure you'll find someone." He tells me. "But when will I find that someone?"

"They were making out right next to me. Can you believe that?" I was telling Haechan what happened. "I do believe you. Happened to me as well. But can we shut up about it. It's starts to sound like you're lonely and desperate." I pout looking at Haechan. "I am! Everyone I know has a lover and here I am still waiting to find my special someone."

"You're not the only one. See me here. But instead of sitting on my lazy but I at least try to find that someone. You don't try enough." I pretended to be shocked. But who am I to tell him otherwise, it's the truth. "You're going to the first girl walking into this café and start talking and get her number." Haechan tells me. "About what do I talk?" I asked. "Anything that doesn't make that girl feel uncomfortable!"

"There, now go to her and talk." I got up and walked anxiously to the girl. "Hello, I'm Jaemin." I introduced myself and smiled. "She's my girlfriend." A guy appeared. "Uh I'm sorry." I walked away, Haechan was laughing. "You send me to a girl with a boyfriend. Very smart." I sat down and crossed my arms. "At least I got a date." Haechan smiles. "How?" I asked surprised. "There's this girl, we've been texting for a while. She's an old friend of mine, really nice and beautiful. She asked if we maybe could do something together."

It's been a few weeks and here I am. Still in my bed hoping for a miracle to happen. "Jaemin!" Jeno yells for me from the kitchen. "What?" I asked him. "There's no milk anymore. Can you get me some?" He asks sweet. "Sure I'll go." I get my sweater and left the dorm for some milk. I walked to a small grocery store nearby. I walked in and went straight to the milk. I passed all the snacks and couldn't resist and take some with me.

"Hello." The girl behind the counter greets me. I've never seen her before, she must be new. "Hi." I shortly said. "You want a little bag?" I nod. "Yes please." I pay and take the bag. "Have a nice day." I just nod and walk out for a cashier she was extremely happy. Usually there's this teen guy behind the counter looking all done with life.

"Jaemin!" Haechan calls my name when I arrive back at the dorm. "You know the girl I'm dating? She has a friend who's also looking for someone. They suggested to do a double date. Be ready Friday at 6." I can't believe he did this. I'm excited but I also don't feel like going on a date with someone I don't know. I have no choice, I have to go anyway.

"How do I look?" Haechan asks looking into the mirror. "Do you want to know?" He hits my shoulder. "Be thankful I got you a date. Else you'll be very lonely in your room watching whatever." I nod. "True. And I feel like I'd be better doing that now." I sigh. "I don't understand you. First you want to date someone. And then when I get you someone you don't want to." He looks disappointed at me. "I don't know what to think about this. I've never seen the girl, never met her. It's going to be awkward."

We arrived at the restaurant, the girls still not here yet. We're probably early. We already sit down at the table. "Trust me, this will be a great evening." He winks. "There they are. Hey baby!" He greets his girlfriend with a kiss. The girl who's with her is all dressed up, maybe a little too much. But she can still be nice and sweet, just give her a chance. I smile at her but she keeps a straight face. Let's pretend that didn't happen.