Long distance

J.Jaehyun
Long distance
Word count: 1006

Y/N's POV

It was raining and I'm pretty much locked up in my room. Everyone's out and I'm here doing my homework last minute. It's my own fault though. Tomorrow is my birthday as well, I don't think my roommate remembers. And my parents live too far away to visit. I sigh and get out of my chair. "No food, of course." I closed the fridge again and got myself another cup of coffee. College would be fun they said. Everything but fun for me.

My phone was buzzing, someone's calling. "Jaehyun!" I said happy he called. "How are you cutie?" He asks. "Now I hear you better. But what about you?" I asked. "Great, I'm on my way to the airport." He tells me. "The airport? Do you have a concert abroad again?" I asked. "It's something like that yes." He was acting strange, a little mysterious. "Is it here in America? Is it close to where I live? Maybe We can see each other again, for my birthday." I was hoping so much. "Ah, no. I'm sorry, but it's not close to your place. I wish I could be there for your birthday. But don't worry, I ordered a present for you and it'll arrive tomorrow."

We talked for almost 2 hours. I totally forgot about my essay. I just love to hear his voice and how he tells about his day. "I have to go now, I call you as soon as I arrived." He promises. "Have a safe flight." He chuckles. "Happy early birthday cutie." I couldn't answer, he ended the call right after. Long distance is so hard. We were childhood friends, until he had to go back to Korea. Of course we kept contact. He visited when he had a week off, or I visited him. And without realising we fell in love with each other and started dating. No matter how far we're apart.

I looked at the time. "No my essay!" I got up and started working on it. Tomorrow morning at 9 it has to be finished. I'm far from finished. I don't want to fail my last year and do another year. That's too much. I brainstormed and wrote, the whole night long. I finally finished. My roommate texted me she won't come back for the night. I didn't expect anything else. It's 4:27am when I got in bed and fell asleep. I didn't even bother changing in my pyjamas. All I cared about was getting at least a little bit of sleep.

Someone was knocked on the door, it didn't stop. Who can that even be? I just want to sleep. I shuffle to the front door. I opened it and some guy was standing in front of me. "Sam's not home, come back later." I assumed it was for my roommate. But I didn't thought a single second. I didn't realise it was my own boyfriend standing in front of me. "I'm not here for Sam, y/n." This time I actually opened my eyes and looked up. "Happy birthday cutie!" Jaehyun opened his arms for a hug.

I didn't let go of him. We were just standing in the hallway hugging. And maybe even crying. "What a surprise!" I cried out. "Don't cry, I'm here to see your pretty smile." He wipes away my tears. "Sorry, it's been such a long night and I'm so tired of everything. Thank you so much for coming!" We walked back into the dorm. "Tell me what's wrong? What makes my cutie so tired?" We sit on the small couch, Jaehyun hugging me.

"It's my own fault, I always do my homework at the last minute. I can't finish anything on time. I end up doing everything at night." He looks concerned at me. "You didn't sleep much? Did you ate anything?" I shook my head. "Sleep now, I'll make you breakfast." He picked me up and carried me to my room. "Sleep as long as you want. It's your day, you shouldn't be this exhausted."

I woke up by the smell of a delicious breakfast. I got up and saw Jaehyun cooking. I back hugged him. "You're awake. I hope you like this." Jaehyun made French toast and eggs with bacon. I sat down and ate it all. "Is there something you want to do today?" I shrug. "I don't know. I wasn't planning anything. My parents are too far to visit and I'm guessing no one remembered my birthday." Jaehyun shook his head. "No one forgot. I'm here because of your friends. Mainly your roommate. It was her idea." My eyes widen. "Really, but she seemed like she forgot this past week. Not once she mentioned it."

"Last night she didn't went out partying. She went to your friends, this morning they picked me up from the airport. I'm staying a week and we have the whole place for ourselves." Jaehyun winks making me blush. "Also they're preparing a birthday party for tonight. We can do whatever we want until 8 tonight." My mouth hung open. I didn't expect this at all. First Jaehyun, then the party, I have amazing friends!

I was dressed up for the party, me and Jaehyun went shopping and I got a new red dress. We knocked on the door of my friend's house. He opened the door and let us in. All my friends and classmates were here to celebrate. I saw Sam and gave her a big hug. "Thank you for all of this!" She smiles. "I know how much you miss Jaehyun, long distance ain't easy and I saw your birthday as the perfect opportunity to fly him here." Jaehyun came back with drinks. "Now you're old enough to actually drink, here you go birthday girl." I smelled the drink and I knew Jaehyun was joking. I drank it all in one go. "Delicious water." I smile. "Come here." He pulls me closer by my waist and kisses me. "I love you."

~
A/N: I honestly don't have anything to say this time💚🌱

Next up:
D.Sicheng