Chapter Twenty-One

The boys and I had not managed to get a foot away from the hotel room before the mob of girls and cameramen came swarming in on us making it impossible for us to do anything outside the hotel.  So instead, we stayed inside and ordered one of everything off the room service menu and watched back to back episodes of keeping up with the Kardashians until we fell asleep in one giant pile on Michael’s bed.

When the morning came, I was the first to slip out of the cuddle puddle that had formed followed closely by Luke who I had accidentally elbowed in the ribs.  After brewing a small pot of coffee we decided it would be best to leave the other three while they rested up, only snapping a few pictures for blackmail in the future. 

“Does your neck hurt as much as mine?” Luke whined, rubbing his neck some with his free hand. 

I shook my head grinning, taking a sip of my coffee.  “Nah, I had a pretty good pillow,” I giggled, pointing to his chest where my head had been resting all night.

“I’m glad you did, but Michael’s fucking hip is boney as hell,” he sighed, pulling me into his side some as we walked down the empty hotel hallway, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

“What’s the plan for today?”

“Well, once the others decide to finally get up, it’s really up to you,” he grinned before dropping his arm from my side and stepping slightly away from me as a person emerged from their hotel room.  I glanced over at him as he gave me a weak smile before looking at his coffee cup.  “Sorry I just-“

“It’s okay,” I nodded, trying to brush off his attempt at an apology.  He had nothing to be sorry for.  I knew there was no way we could just walk outside holding hands and expect everyone to act completely calm and rational about it. 

“I don’t want you thinking I don’t want this,” he said slightly above a whisper, looking over at me again.

“I know,” I gave him a sweet smile, elbowing his side lightly.  “Relax okay?  I get why we can’t really,” I paused trying to form my words.  “Well, you know,” I sighed throwing my free hand in the air. 

“We can’t be normal,” he finished for me, nodding some.

“We can when no one’s around,” I smiled up at him, trying to make the frown disappear from his face.  “And as far as I can tell, there’s no one around anymore.” 

He quickly glanced down both ends of the hallway before stopping and pulling me into him, pecking my lips in one swift motion not even giving me a chance to react.  “I will never get over how good that feels,” he grinned, wrapping his arm around my waist again as we continued our walk down the hall.

“I want to show you where I work,” I said after a few moments of silence.  Luke nodded in approval as we entered the elevator.

“I wanna see what Sydney Anderson left 5 Seconds of Summer for,” he smirked, as I scoffed at his response.

Just as I was about to respond, my phone started to play the familiar ring tone.  Pulling it out of my back pocket and glancing down at the screen, which was currently showing a stupid picture of Ashton, I giggled before answering.  “Good morning sunshine.”  Luke gave me a puzzled look as I mouthed ‘Ashton’ to him causing him to nod his head, understanding.

“Where are you two love birds?” Ashton spoke groggily into the phone.

“We’re roaming around the hotel,” I shrugged, stepping out of the elevator onto the main floor.

“Well find something to eat and bring it up here, the three of us are starving,” Ashton whined as Calum and Michael made loud groans in agreement in the background. 

“I’ll see what they’re serving for breakfast in the dining area and bring you guys up a selection,” I smiled at the waiter who was standing outside the dining room before entering and grabbing two plates.

Luke followed closely behind me following my actions before darting off towards the waffle maker. Shaking my head lightly, surpressing a giggle, I focused back in on what Ashton was saying.

“-and I think we need to see your apartment too.”

“Sure, yeah, we can do that,” I nodded, scooping a large amount of eggs onto one of the plates.  “I want to show you guy’s where I work too, and this really amazing coffee place right outside my apartment building.  You wouldn’t believe how amazing their coffee is,” I sighed happily just thinking about it.

“You’ve got us for a full day Syd, take us wherever you want,” Ashton chuckled into the phone before continuing.  “But I refuse to move from this bed until I have food and coffee in me.”

“We brewed a fresh pot of coffee.” I pointed out, knowing for sure he hadn’t been paying enough attention to notice.  “It’s all yours if you want it.”

“Fuck, I missed having you around,” Ashton sighed.

I smiled, wrapping three bagels up into a napkin and grabbing a handful of cream cheese containers.  “I know, I’m the best.” 

“Don’t get all cocky on me.  Now hurry with the food, I’m withering away to nothing,” he giggled before abruptly hanging up. 

“OH MY GOD LUKE HEMMINGS,” I heard a girl squeal from across the room making me dart my eyes in Luke’s direction just in time to see him freeze up.  A few girls around the same age all picked their heads up from the tables gasping at the sight of Luke who was now frantically putting the waffle he had just made onto his plate.

A few flashes started to emerge from the dining area, followed by a few more gasps and excited whispers that got louder as time progressed.  I managed to grab a banana from the counter and a few muffins before the girls started to flock in his direction, causing me to protectively grab onto his shirt and pull him towards the exit.

He gave them all a sweet smile and a wave before jogging towards the elevator with our plates full of food.  Once inside, I repeatedly hit the close button in hopes that no one would attempt to make a made dash for it.

“Babe, chill,” Luke said in a hushed tone, resting his back against the wall.  “The doors are closed, we’re fine.” 

I felt my cheeks redden at the nickname as I pressed the correct floor number and relaxed as we started to move up.  A few moments later, the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened, allowing the two of us to quickly walk down the hallway and rushed into the hotel room. 

“Took you long enough,” Michael huffed, running over to grab the plate of eggs I was carrying.

“Luke got noticed,” I mumbled, setting the food down on the makeshift counter and grabbing myself a muffin.

“It’s all over twitter,” Calum nodded, not looking up from his phone.

“They don’t waste any time,” Ashton chuckled, taking a bagel from the napkin and tossing it over to Calum. 

“Luke Hemmings spotted with groupie, dining in the hotels breakfast bar,” Calum read, giggling to himself before continuing.  “It seems the two worked up quite the appetite as they filled not one but four plates of food before running off together, completely ignoring fans.” He looked up from his phone and looked between the two of us.  “It’s been a day and you’re already stirring up sex rumors.  Jesus Christ you two.“

Luke sighed loudly before throwing a packet of cream cheese in Calum’s direction, hitting him directly in the forehead.  “Shut up Cal.”

---------

Holy shit everyone I'm back.  I don't even know if I like this chapter but I don't even care.  It's a fucking chapter.  Luke and Sydney are a go.  We are back on the road to success.  Thank you so much for your patience and all your support.  I seriously love you guys so much and hopefully this chapter isn't too shit.

Also, I changed the cover again............I'm very indecisive.