Chapter Thirteen

(Luke’s P.O.V) 

“Luke?” I heard Ashton call from somewhere in the venue.  I ducked further down in my seat trying to hide myself.  It’s not that I really wanted to hide from him, I just didn’t want to talk to anyone at the moment.

Currently, I was up in the highest section of the arena, taking some personal time.  Personal time consisted of me playing sad love songs on my guitar or scrolling through twitter to distract myself for a few hours while the guys struggled to find where I’d hidden this time.

“Seriously Luke, you just tweeted five minutes ago.  I know you’re in this damn arena,” Calum’s voice boomed from the section below me.

“You know, I hate hide and seek,” Michael says from behind me, making me jump out of my chair and let out a yell.

“Christ Michael, don’t fucking do that,” I say grabbing my chest trying to calm down my now quickly beating heart. 

“Well maybe you shouldn’t randomly disappear before every show,” he grumbles, sitting down in the seat beside me.

“You know I come back before they open the doors,” I huffed, placing my guitar on the ground. 

“Did you ever think we might need to talk to you?” Ashton said from behind me.

I hated when they did this. They acted like three dads and it was so annoying.  This was not full house.  They were not Joey, Jesse, and Danny.  “Maybe, I don’t want to talk?”

“Oh trust me, you’re going to want to hear this,” Calum chuckled from beside me. 

I sat there nervously, waiting for one of them to tell me what was going on.  By the way they were acting I knew it was something I probably wasn’t going to take well.  “So, is someone going to speak?” 

Ashton opened his mouth, ready to speak before shutting it and resting his head in his hand.  Seriously? 

“Sydney is coming tonight,” Michael mumbled.

I swallowed abruptly, sitting up at the sound of her name.  I hadn’t seen her in weeks and the last time she was here, Emily was still around.  Not even two hours after Sydney left that day, I came clean to Emily about my feelings.  She got mad, saying she felt used.  There were more harsh words thrown at me before she stormed off the bus and out of my life.

I let my eyes wander across the boys faces and stopped when I met Calum’s guilty stare.  “You invited her?” Calum simply nodded.  “And you didn’t ask me?  Is that who you were talking to yesterday?!”  I know I was bombarding him with questions, but the simple fact that Sydney was going to be here was stressing me out more than I had ever imagined. 

“If we had told you, you would have been at least three states away by now,” Michael chuckles, patting my back lightly. 

“I wouldn’t have run away,” I grumbled, removing his hand form my shoulder.  “You guys didn’t even give me any time to prepare,” I mumble, standing quickly. 

“What’s there to prepare, Luke?  It’s just like every other show,” Ashton chimes in, giving me a confused look.

“We’re playing the new song tonight.” I stated before picking up my guitar and walking away from them.  I needed to be alone.  I needed air.  There was no way I was letting this chance with Sydney go to waste.  I’ve done that too many times and I refuse to do it again.

-------

What song do you think Luke's talking about?  If you guess correctly, I'll give you a shoutout!

Super short and kinda dumb.  I'm really worried because I don't have chapter fourteen fully written and my whole "stay five chapters ahead" motto is falling apart but I think I'll survive, just be patient with me.  Things are getting kinda crazy in my life.

BUT HEY, if any of you guys are really into this and are good with editing or even if you're awful at it, you guys should make me a cover for this story maybe?  Or fanart or anything for that matter.  I will literally love you forever if you do.  You can send it to me on tumblr, or tag me in it on tumblr, or if you don't have a tumblr, just message me on here.  I'll pick my favorite and use it from then on!